Excellent company is looking to add a Class A - Yard Goat Driver to their team!
Description/Responsibilities Job Responsibilities
• Drives yard tractor as required to move trailers/containers located on company premises. If currently in possession of Class C Driver's license, may take trailers between facilities (on the road) and for fill-ups.
• Inspects yard tractor equipment and supplies and such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil, and for defects before and after trips; submits report indicating truck condition.
• Assists warehouse workers in loading and unloading truck.
• Places trailer/containers dispatched to them via RF commands or other method of communication which are in the queue in YMS.
• Receives instructions from yard controllers, and follows such instructions to maximize equipment turn times.
• Observes and directs outside drivers to the appropriate locations in the yard.
• Advises outside drivers as to proper safety procedures in the yard.
• Practices safe driving and good yard housekeeping.
• Checks wheels of trailers/containers after placement at the dock doors.
• Insures doors are at least half rolled down prior to pulling trailer/container from a door.
Education & Experience
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or GED; certificate from college or technical school
• At least 3 years prior experience operating a yard tractor and/or tractor/trailer combined.
***Overtime required as allowed***