Excellent company looking add a successful Senior Principal Signal Processing Systems Engineer to their team!
The Senior Principal Signal Processing Systems Engineer will lead the analysis, design, development, and testing of signal processing systems for company's engineering efforts. Additional responsibilities include formulating operational concepts; performing mission, functional, cost-benefit, and risk analysis; selecting systems architecture; and preparing specifications for company's operating systems to ensure designs meet applicable specifications. The Senior Principal Signal Processing Systems Engineer may also:
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Lead requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of system, subsystem or system elements with little or no supervision
- Synthesize solutions to meet customer expectations and technical performance within schedule and cost constraints
- Lead Modeling and Simulation activities
- Research and analyze data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Perform or lead the development of technical strategies and teaming strategies on multiple projects
- Lead technical proposals. Work on advanced architectures that may result in new business for the company
- Develops solutions to extremely complex problems requiring a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
- Mentors midlevel and junior staff and may provide performance feedback.
- Participates with Business Development or Program Management as the frontline customer technical interface
- Knowledge of communication and/or radar signal processing and analysis
- Experience specifically in Communication and/or Radar Signal Processing (e.g. design requirements for radar systems, tactical or simulation algorithm prototyping or implementation)
- Background with a working knowledge of antenna systems (electronic scanned antennas, phased arrays etc.…) receivers, exciters, and digital signal processing
- Proficient with MATLAB and C/C++ programming languages
- Knowledge of hardware and software integration
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Communications Systems, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) or Electronic Warfare (EW) experience
- Algorithm profiling and porting
- Single and multi-processor/core environments
- Familiar with vector/signal processing libraries
- Coursework and/or experience with digital signal processing, probability theory, stochastic signal processing, and electromagnetic theory
- Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
***Relocation Assistance Available***
- Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
***Full Benefits Package***