Excellent company looking add a successful Senior Software UX Designer to their team!
The Senior UX Designer will work closely with all the key stakeholder teams of Marketing (Design, Creative, Online Marketing, Product, Web Operations, Development, New Business Development) to develop user-centered features, functionality and products as well as provide guidance and mentorship to other team members. This person will perform UX activities including gaining feedback from users, leading research sessions, synthesizing findings & requirements into easy-to-use designs, and making design recommendations based on qualitative and quantitative data. In addition, the UX Designer will create deliverables including usability finding reports, site maps, task flows, wireframes and prototypes. The ideal candidate will have experience educating project stakeholders, executives and team members on user-centered design processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help develop, manage and improve the user-experience design process for mySkin’s mobile and web products
- Help develop UX guidelines and standards for use across all digital products to meet the strategic goals of the organization
- Create designs that integrate, complement and enhance existing functionality
- Communicate and teach user-centered design processes throughout the organization
- Turn business requirements into creative, feasible UX solutions
- Plan and conduct user research, competitive analysis and usability testing initiatives
- Create personas, scenarios and task flows to communicate user needs
- Document design and functionality through detailed site maps, wireframes and UI specifications
- Evaluate the behavioral impact of all designs via web analytics
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes visual designers, product and project managers, copywriters, engineers and developers
- Communicate with key stakeholders and provide clear status updates throughout the UX process
- Contribute to the definition scope and phasing of project timelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Design or Computer Science (or other relevant major) is required. Master’s degree a plus.
- 2-4 years as a UX, IA or Interaction Designer working through the product development life cycle of several successfully launched consumer-oriented web applications.
- Expertise in user-experience activities and deliverables including wireframes, site maps, task flows and personas
- Demonstrated experience in designing consumer interfaces for mobile and web based on strong knowledge of user interface design guidelines
- A passion for doing great work and dedication to make the user experience unique, informative, and engaging
- Demonstrated leadership experience in user experience design with deep expertise in interaction design, information architecture, and usability engineering
- Desire to understand and interpret business issues, thinking beyond design
- Ability to articulate strategic issues while balancing these with user needs and technological constraints
- Strong attention to detail
- Skills in problem resolution, client management, methodologies and process development with an ability to structure his/her own work independently.
- Demonstrated experience managing large-scale ecommerce projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Well versed in "facilitating to decision" with all levels of stakeholders
- Ability to manage deliverables from cross-functional teams, while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of high-growth environments with developing best practices with a focus on speed
- A positive and enthusiastic personality, a great attitude and ability to handle change
***Full Benefits Package***