Excellent Medical Facility looking to add Coder II Reimbursement Workers to their team!!!
"Must Have" Skills for This Job:
1. Minimum education required: High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
2. Preferred: Associate’s degree in related field
3. 2 years coding experience and (Completion of college level courses in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and pathophysiology)
4. Neurology // Neurosurgical or Orthopedic Surgery Coding experience preferred
5. Epic Claims, Epic HIM, Epic Resolute Hospital Billing,Epic Resolute Professional Billing, ICD10
6. Experience working with application systems, Practice Management, Encoder Pro & Epic
7. Thorough understanding of health insurance and medical costs
8. Knowledge of 3rd party billing regulations, professional operations, and third party payer requirements
*** Licensure/certification required UPON HIRE: CPC - Certified Professional Coder -OR- CCS-P-Certified Coding Specialist - Physician Based
Preferred: UPON HIRE
-Specialty certification such as
-CGSC - Certified General Surgery Coder
-COSC - Certified Orthopedic Coder
-CCC - Certified Cardiology Coder
***AAPC Specialty Credentials Preferred***
•Accurately abstracts information from the medical records assigns ICD-9/10-CM, CPT-4, and HCPCS level II codes in compliance with established guidelines. Provides codes to various departments upon request.
•Reviews supporting clinical documentation for hospital based services and procedures to ensure accurate code assignment in support of third party payer guidelines. Maintains documentation to record/track discrepancies. Validates charges using appropriate tools and validates diagnosis with the medical documentation provided.
•Compares hospital charges posted against procedures coded and identifies any discrepancies. Notifies leadership of any discrepancies and collaborated to rectify the same.
•Participates in special projects and completes other duties as assigned.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time Days 40 hours weekly 5 days/week
(THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION)
**Must have CPC, not CPC-A (meaning apprentice)
**Must have 2+ to 5 years experience
***Full Benefits Offered***