Financial service consultants at (COMPANY) establish new member relationships and interface with members to provide a full-service experience. Financial service consultants advise and assist members with transactions across a variety of domains such as member account management and service needs, consumer loan applications that are instantly scored and closed, and cash transactions. Financial service consultants also provide technical support and troubleshooting for COMPANY’s products such as online banking, 24-hour voice response, and bill pay to ensure members get the best experience possible.
- Recommend COMPANY financial products and services to meet members’ short and long-term financial needs.
- Assist members with completing consumer loan applications.
- Underwrite consumer loans by reviewing applications and making decisions to grant loans within designated authority and timeframe.
- Process and manage member accounts and related transactions such as deposits (e.g., savings and checking), investment accounts (e.g., Certificates, IRAs, Trusts), and/or opening new and sub-accounts.
- Process cash transactions for members, maintain cash drawers, and daily balance of vaults and branch cash.
- Process new card orders, PIN changes, and reissue cards.
- Initiate credit/debit card fraud claims and charge disputes.
- Participate in special projects and perform other assignments as needed.
- May travel as occasionally to attend meetings, conferences, training, or other work-related events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with account management, transaction processing, and cash handling in a financial institution.
- Experience with consumer loan application processing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field.
- Notary Public Commission from state of primary work location.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sales.
- Knowledge of and experience with processing credit/ debit card fraud claims and charge disputes.
- Knowledge of and experience with the loan application process and standard or typical internal operating policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of application of federal and state consumer lending regulations (e.g., Regulation Z, The Fair Credit Reporting Act, Soldiers and Sailors Act, etc.) and compliance requirements such as Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, and Customer ID Program policies and guidelines to appropriately document and track all transactions.
- Knowledge of current industry offers, market trends, competitors, and COMPANY lending and member service policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret and apply financial information (e.g., credit scores, debt, assets, balances, payments, interest rates, etc.) and perform math functions (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc.).
- Demonstrates the ability to consult, provide member services, and achieve relationship sales objectives by anticipating and understanding member’s needs and recommending products that will benefit them.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Proficient in speaking and writing the English language using correct structure, vocabulary, and organization.
- Demonstrates experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Demonstrates the ability to use office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint) and prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), as well as database applications to enter, maintain, and report data.
- Demonstrates experience and behavior consistent with COMPANY’s core values of competence, integrity, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility.
***Salary: DOE+ Incentives & Bonus
***3-week training program at headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. All expense company paid.
***Full Benefits Package To Include: Medical, Dental, Vision (3 plans w/1 Company paid 100%, 401K, Bonus Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, University On-Site Degree Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations & Leave, Employee Wellness Program, etc.