Business portfolio managers at (COMPANY) manage the business loan portfolio by independently monitoring performance and trends, portfolio mix and risk grading, loan repayment activities and the financial condition of borrowers. Business portfolio managers co-manage borrower relationships, collaborating with business banking relationship managers to identify opportunities to better serve business members, and to detect possible issues and develop remediation plans to reduce the risk of potential credit loss. The incumbent also ensures that loans are properly documented, accurately boarded onto the core operating system and comply with COMPANY policies as well as meeting commercial and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor credit risk in the business loan portfolio.
- Assist in collecting past due loan accounts and assess ongoing borrower payment ability.
- Develop and implement remediation action plans.
- Ensure that loan files include up to date borrower and collateral information.
- Underwrite commercial loans by reviewing applications and making recommendations to grant loans within designated authority and timeframe.
- Complete loan review and quality control activities to ensure completeness and accuracy of business loan processing.
- Develop and maintain business loan portfolio reports.
- Participate in special projects and perform other assignments as needed.
- May travel occasionally to attend meetings, conferences, training, or other work-related events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience with commercial loan and commercial real estate loan underwriting.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field.
- Experience with commercial loan and commercial real estate loan origination and processing.
- Knowledge of standard or typical internal operating policies and procedures for commercial banking transactions.
- Knowledge of federal and state lending and savings regulations.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements such as Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, and Customer ID Program policies and guidelines to appropriately document and track all transactions.
- Knowledge of current industry offers, market trends, competitors, and Credit Union lending and member service policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of lending structures and cash flow analysis.
- Ability to interpret and apply personal and business financial information (e.g., credit scores, debt, assets, balances, payments, interest rates, income statements, cash flow statements, and DSCR).
- Ability to perform and apply math (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc.).
- Ability to consult, provide member services, and achieve relationship sales objectives by anticipating and understanding member’s needs and recommending products that will benefit them.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research and resolve issues.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Speaks and writes English using the correct vocabulary, grammar, tone, and organization.
- Experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, scheduling meetings, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Ability to use office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint) and prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), as well as database applications to enter, maintain, and report data.
- Demonstrates experience and behavior consistent with COMPANY’s core values of competence, integrity, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility.
***Salary: DOE+ Incentives & Bonus
***3-week training program at headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. All expense company paid.
***Full Benefits Package To Include: Medical, Dental, Vision (3 plans w/1 Company paid 100%, 401K, Bonus Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, University On-Site Degree Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations & Leave, Employee Wellness Program, etc.