Commercial loan underwriters at (COMPANY) are responsible for reviewing and approving commercial real estate loan requests with the overall goal of increasing asset quality. Commercial loan underwriters analyze financial statements, projections and business plans, global cash flow analysis and detailed working capital analysis. Commercial underwriters also ensure compliance with internal credit policies, as well as federal and state regulations.
- Underwrite commercial loans by reviewing applications and making recommendations to grant loans within designated authority and timeframe.
- Draft thorough credit presentations for new credit proposals and renewals to assess borrower’s ability to repay proposed debt.
- Request, collect, and manage required new business loan documentation.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties and assignments as needed.
- May travel occasionally to attend meetings, conferences, training, or other work-related events.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience underwriting multi-family and commercial real estate loans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field.
- Previous experience as a commercial underwriter, analyst, or related position at a financial institution performing multi-family and commercial real estate loans for a minimum of 3 years.
- Previous experience underwriting small business loans.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with the loan application process and standard or typical internal operating policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of California and Western U.S. real estate markets.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the application of federal and state regulations and compliance requirements such as Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, and Customer ID Program policies and guidelines to appropriately document and track all transactions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of business, personal, and insurance products and services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current industry offers, market trends, competitors, and Credit Union lending and member service policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret and apply financial information (e.g., business financials and ratios, balance and income statements, cash flow statements, DSCR, credit scores, debt, assets, payments, interest rates, etc.) and perform math functions (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc.).
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Proficient in speaking and writing the English language using correct structure, vocabulary, and organization.
- Demonstrates the ability to prepare and present credit presentations.
- Demonstrates experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Demonstrates the ability to use office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint) and prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), as well as database applications to enter, maintain, and report data.
- Demonstrates experience and behavior consistent with COMPANY’s core values of competence, integrity, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility.
***Salary: DOE+ Incentives & Bonus
***3-week training program at headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. All expense company paid.
***Full Benefits Package To Include: Medical, Dental, Vision (3 plans w/1 Company paid 100%, 401K, Bonus Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, University On-Site Degree Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations & Leave, Employee Wellness Program, etc.