Consumer loan officers at (COMPANY) evaluate, authorize, or recommend approval of loan applications for COMPANY members. Further, consumer loan officers consult with members on financial goals, recommend relevant COMPANY consumer lending programs and solutions, and cross-sell products and services to meet member needs. Finally, consumer loan officers educate members on financial information for members to achieve short and long-term financial objectives.
- Assist members with obtaining, interpreting, and utilizing financial information to plan for and achieve goals.
- Recommend COMPANY financial products and services to members to meet individual member needs.
- Assist members with completing consumer loan applications.
- Underwrite consumer loans by reviewing applications and making recommendations to grant loans within designated authority and timeframe.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties and assignments as needed.
- Travel up to 10% of the time or as needed to attend meetings, conferences, training, or other work-related events.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with consumer loan operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field.
- Experience in consumer loan operations for a minimum of 3 years.
- Experience in sales, customer service, or banking.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with the loan application and underwriting process and standard or typical internal operating policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the application of federal and state consumer lending regulations (e.g., Regulation Z, The Fair Credit Reporting Act, Soldiers and Sailors Act, etc.) and compliance requirements such as Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, and Customer ID Program policies and guidelines to appropriately document and track all transactions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of business, personal, and insurance products and services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current industry offers, market trends, competitors, and Credit Union lending and member service policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret and apply financial information (e.g., credit scores, debt, assets, balances, payments, interest rates, etc.) and perform math functions (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc.).
- Demonstrates the ability to consult, provide member services, and achieve relationship sales objectives by anticipating and understanding member’s needs and recommending products that will benefit them.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Proficient in speaking and writing the English language using correct structure, vocabulary, and organization.
- Demonstrates experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Demonstrates the ability to use office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint) and prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), as well as database applications to enter, maintain, and report data.
- Demonstrates experience and behavior consistent with COMPANY’s core values of competence, integrity, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility.
***Salary: DOE+ Incentives & Bonus
***3-week training program at headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. All expense company paid.
***Full Benefits Package To Include: Medical, Dental, Vision (3 plans w/1 Company paid 100%, 401K, Bonus Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, University On-Site Degree Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations & Leave, Employee Wellness Program, etc.