Financial investment advisors at (COMPANY) consult with members and provide individually tailored investment advice, financial plans, and portfolio management in line with members’ goals. They also meet with potential new members to develop investment relationships and periodically meet with established members to review goals, investments, and performance of investments. Finally, financial investment advisors warm transfer members to the appropriate departments for banking needs to ensure they get the best member experience possible. Overall, the financial investment advisor is responsible for managing members’ investment portfolios to achieve financial goals.
- Establish and maintain member investment relationships.
- Engage with members on a consistent basis to develop and manage a detailed and accurate financial plan that is in the members’ interests.
- Analyze and manage the performance of members’ investment portfolios.
- Recommend additional COMPANY products and services when there is a benefit to the member.
- Deliver, host, or participate in educational and marketing activities to increase awareness of COMPANY’s investment services.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties and assignments as needed.
- Travel up to 65% of the time to meet new and/or established members at fire houses or members’ households, and/or attend other work-related meetings, conferences, training, or events.
- Must possess and maintain a California State driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess and maintain Series 7, 63, and 65 or 66 licenses.
- Must have California Life and Health Insurance certification.
- Must be bondable.
- Minimum of three years’ experience selling investment and insurance products.
- Experience preparing detailed financial strategies and plans, including taxation strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Business, Economics, or a related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as an investment advisor.
- Experience delivering, hosting, and participating in educational and marketing activities for team members or clients to increase awareness of investment services, investment product trends, economic news, equity markets, interest rate movements, and insurance product offerings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with current investment product trends, economic news, equity markets, interest rate movements, and insurance product offerings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with following established insurance and securities state and federal compliance guidelines, laws, and regulations, as well as adherence to all credit union policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of FINRA rules and regulations as they relate to selling financial products.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret and apply financial, investment, and insurance information.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform and apply math (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc.).
- Demonstrates the ability to adjust communication content, style, and presentation to fit a variety of audiences including members, colleagues, vendors, executives, and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates the ability to consult, provide member services, and achieve relationship sales objectives by anticipating and understanding member’s needs and selling products that will benefit them.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Proficient in speaking and writing the English language using correct structure, vocabulary, and organization.
- Demonstrates experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Demonstrates the ability to use office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint) and prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), as well as database applications to enter, maintain, and report data.
- Demonstrates experience and behavior consistent with COMPANY’s core values of competence, integrity, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility.
- California State Driver’s License
***Salary: DOE+ Incentives & Bonus
***3-week training program at headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. All expense company paid.
***Full Benefits Package To Include: Medical, Dental, Vision (3 plans w/1 Company paid 100%, 401K, Bonus Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, University On-Site Degree Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations & Leave, Employee Wellness Program, etc.