Real estate loan closers assist members and staff in closing and funding real estate loans by facilitating escrow, preparing loan documents, and coordinating activities with internal and external organizations. Real estate loan closers are also responsible for cross-selling credit union products and services that benefit members.
- Prepare mortgage and loan documents; including, Initial Closing Disclosures, Deed of Trust, Note, and applicable Riders in accordance with policies and guidelines.
- Prepare and review loan files to ensure all conditions are cleared and file is ready to close.
- Obtain, prepare, and process all documents in relation to subordination and reconveyance of recorded trust deeds.
- Identify and implement process improvements for servicing loans.
- Assist members with questions about mortgage and loan documents, balance owing, escrow status, payment breakdown and other matters pertaining to real estate loans.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties and assignments as needed.
- May travel occasionally as needed to attend meetings, conferences, training, or other work-related events.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Notary Public Commission from state of primary work location.
- Experience creating and reviewing real estate loan documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field.
- Experience as a real estate loan servicer for a minimum of 3 years.
- Experience using Fiserv’s DNA, Mortgagebot (Finastra’s), and IDS.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with real estate loan operations, servicing, and metrics.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with the real estate and mortgage industry, including loan products, pricing, economy, and real estate market.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of federal and state regulations and compliance requirements such as Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, and Customer ID Program policies and guidelines to appropriately document and track all transactions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current industry offers, market trends, competitors, and Credit Union lending and member service policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform and apply math (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc.).
- Demonstrates the ability to provide member services by anticipating and understanding member’s needs, understanding products and services from member’s point of view, and being available and responsive to member inquiries.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Proficient in speaking and writing the English language using correct structure, vocabulary, and organization.
- Demonstrates experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Demonstrates the ability to use office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint) and prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), as well as database applications to enter, maintain, and report data.
- Demonstrates experience and behavior consistent with COMPANY’s core values of competence, integrity, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility.
***Salary: DOE+ Incentives & Bonus
***3-week training program at headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. All expense company paid.
***Full Benefits Package To Include: Medical, Dental, Vision (3 plans w/1 Company paid 100%, 401K, Bonus Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, University On-Site Degree Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations & Leave, Employee Wellness Program, etc.