The real estate loan funder is responsible for the accurate and efficient preparation and funding of final loan documents for real estate loans.
- Review and prepare loan documents and funding instructions for all loan types.
- Follow up on outstanding loan documentation (such as the final title policy, recorded deed of trust, and final HUD I statement).
- Prepare estimated closing statement and update systems with Home Mortgage Disclosure Act data.
- Fund all real estate loans.
- Update system with origination data.
- Research and respond to member inquiries.
- Provide general support to Real Estate Origination and Servicing, participate in special projects, and perform other duties and assignments as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a banking, lending or accounting environment performing a detail-oriented position, such as teller, loan processor/clerk, or bookkeeper.
- Notary Public Commission from state of primary work location.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience as a real estate loan funder for a minimum of 1 year.
- Experience with and ability to analyze and reconcile Settlement statements.
- Ability to interpret and apply financial information (e.g., credit scores, debt, assets, balances, payments, interest rates, etc.) to accurately balance and compile figures.
- Knowledge of and experience with real estate escrow procedures and practices and real estate loan terminology, documentation, title, escrow, hazard insurance, and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of trends and developments in local real estate market, and changes to escrow related rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Proficiently speaks and writes English using the correct vocabulary, grammar, tone, and organization.
- Demonstrates experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Demonstrates the ability to use office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint) and prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), as well as use Real Estate software and other database applications to enter, maintain, and report data.
- Demonstrates experience and behavior consistent with Company’s core values of competence, integrity, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility.
***Salary: DOE+ Incentives & Bonus
***3-week training program at headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. All expense company paid.
***Full Benefits Package To Include: Medical, Dental, Vision (3 plans w/1 Company paid 100%, 401K, Bonus Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, University On-Site Degree Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations & Leave, Employee Wellness Program, etc.