The technical training and process specialist at (COMPANY) is a subject matter expert responsible for identifying and deploying department specific training solutions and process improvements for one of the following teams: Consumer Lending, Real Estate Lending, Virtual Branch (i.e., E-Services/Member Advisors/Member Experience), or Operations. In partnership with HR’s Learning and Development, the technical training and process specialist also develops department and job specific learning content and deploys it via one or more of the following platforms: on-the-job training, job simulations, e-learning, mobile, instructor-led workshops, virtual, social, or a blended solution. Finally, the technical training and process specialist is responsible for reviewing processes, practices, and technology in depth to identify improvements, map current and future state, and work with leaders to prioritize, monitor, and evaluate improvement initiatives. This highly influential and collaborative position resides in the business and reports to the manager of the corresponding department but is matrixed to HR’s Learning & Development leader to ensure alignment and integration. Typical responsibilities:
- In partnership with department leaders, IT, HR, and other relevant stakeholders:
- Review, identify, and map processes, practices, and technology to identify areas for improvement and desired future state; manage policy and procedure updates / maintenance.
- Develop project roadmaps, plans, and dashboards to track and report progress.
- Identify department training opportunities, provide content to develop training, deploy solutions, and evaluate effectiveness in relation to department and organizational performance.
- Assess existing department training programs to ensure content remains current and the program is delivering the expected results.
- Perform testing on new technology, systems, or upgrades to ensure functionality and accuracy prior to implementation and develop user-adoption strategy.
- Facilitate and deliver department, process, and job content specific training.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties and assignments as needed.
- Travel required approximately 50% of the time to facilitate training, host or attend meetings, conferences, and other work-related activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience performing or leading department processes, tools/technology, practices, and products and services in one or more of the following: Consumer Lending, Real Estate Lending, Virtual Branch, or Operations.
- Experience designing, documenting, and implementing processes, tools/technology, and practices.
- Experience leading cross-organizational or cross-functional project teams using standard project management tools and methodologies to manage scope, timelines, and costs.
- Experience facilitating training for groups or teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with process improvement and/or project management using standard tools and methodologies.
- Experience leading large-scale change and influencing user adoption.
- Knowledge of and experience with current regulations and department, process, and/or job specific compliance related training requirements.
- Knowledge of federal and state consumer lending regulations (e.g., Regulation Z, The Fair Credit Reporting Act, Soldiers and Sailors Act, etc.) and compliance requirements such as Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, and Customer ID Program policies and guidelines to appropriately document and track all transactions.
- Knowledge of current industry offers, market trends, competitors, and Credit Union lending and member service policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret and apply financial information and perform math functions (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc.) required to train other to perform job specific tasks and implement and monitor metrics.
- Demonstrates the ability to consult, gather and evaluate needs, provide advice and recommendations, and partner with stakeholders to achieve organizational objectives.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Proficient in speaking and writing the English language using correct structure, vocabulary, and organization.
- Demonstrates the ability to adjust communication content, style, and presentation to fit a variety of audiences including executives, employees, vendors, and members.
- Demonstrates experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Ability to proficiently use office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint), prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), project plans (e.g., MS Project), and process maps (e.g., MS Visio).
- Ability to proficiently test new and upgraded software. Ability to proficiently use database applications to enter, maintain, and report data, including a core banking system (e.g., Fiserv DNA) and Learning Management System.
- Demonstrates experience and behavior consistent with FFCU’s core values of competence, integrity, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility.
***Salary: DOE+ Incentives and/or Bonus
***Training program may be held at headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. All expense company paid.
***Full Benefits Package To Include: Medical, Dental, Vision (3 plans w/1 Company paid 100%, 401K, Bonus Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, University On-Site Degree Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations & Leave, Employee Wellness Program, etc.