Member Advisors (MAs) at our company understand our firefighters and their families in order to provide Legendary Service. Utilizing our Service Enablers to be available, connect with the members, handle their requests, look out for them, and going above & beyond allows MAs to interact with members over the phone to Improve the Financial Lives of Our Family. As a learning organization, MAs are constantly engaged in developing skills as trusted advisors. They have a holistic view of our members’ financial situation allowing them to recommend the appropriate products and services to fulfill their needs through a consultative approach. MAs know our members and embrace the fire culture and lingo in order to build trust, creating a personable experience with every member, every time. Our Cultural Values of Integrity, Competence, Excellence, Curiosity, Positivity and Humility are constantly in action as we assist with any and all financial needs.
- Recommend Company financial products and services to members to meet individual member needs.
- Process and manage member accounts and/or open new and sub-accounts.
- Process, manage and decision consumer loan applications per consumer lending policies and underwriting guidelines.
- Process and manage credit and debit cards.
- Troubleshoot, research, respond, and provide training on member services technology and related issues.
- Work with other employees and departments to ensure member requests are processed for investments, mortgages, business loans, and insurance.
- Participate in special projects and perform other assignments as needed.
- May occasionally travel to attend meetings, conferences, training, or other work-related events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following: technical support, sales, customer service, or banking.
- Experience with consumer loan application processing.
- Bachelor’s degree in, Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field.
- Experience working as a call center representative for a minimum of 1 year.
- Experience using or supporting customers through virtual technology such as videoconferencing, web-chat, or related capabilities.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sales.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the application of federal and state consumer lending regulations (e.g., Regulation Z, The Fair Credit Reporting Act, Soldiers and Sailors Act, etc.) and compliance requirements such as Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, and Customer ID Program policies and guidelines to appropriately document and track all transactions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with the loan application process and standard or typical internal operating policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of business, personal, and insurance products and services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current industry offers, market trends, competitors, and Credit Union lending and member service policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret and apply financial information (e.g., credit scores, debt, assets, balances, payments, interest rates, etc.) and perform math functions (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc.).
- Demonstrates the ability to consult, provide member services, and achieve relationship sales objectives by anticipating and understanding member’s needs and recommending products that will benefit them.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Proficient in speaking and writing the English language using correct structure, vocabulary, and organization.
- Demonstrates experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software and hardware terminology and troubleshooting techniques.
- Demonstrates the ability to use office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint) and prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), as well as database applications to enter, maintain, and report data.
- Demonstrates experience and behavior consistent with Company’s core values of competence, integrity, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility.
***Salary: DOE+ Incentives and/or Bonus
***Training program may be held headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. All expense company paid.
***Full Benefits Package To Include: Medical, Dental, Vision (3 plans w/1 Company paid 100%, 401K, Bonus Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, University On-Site Degree Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations & Leave, Employee Wellness Program, etc.