The Payroll & Benefits Specialist is primarily responsible providing day-today support to the HR department, specifically in areas relating to payroll and benefits. This is a hands on position that requires the ability to handle all aspects of payroll processing and assisting with the administration of the organization’s benefits program.
- Ensures multi-state bi-weekly payrolls are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process all off-cycle and special payroll runs as needed.
- Process all bonuses, incentives, and all other special payments as needed.
- Maintain/modify vacation tables and codes as needed in ADP Workforce Now.
- Ensure proper tax filing for federal, state, and local jurisdictions are handled. This includes ensuring all tax rates are updated.
- Conduct audits on time records and other payroll changes to ensure accuracy of payroll including a full payroll reconciliation after each payroll run.
- Perform periodic audits on employee salaries, deductions, and taxes.
- Process child support, wage garnishment, and other payroll related court order.
- Process manual checks including final checks and replacement checks.
- Support the employment maintenance in the system, including compensation updates and employee personal action changes.
- Assist with benefits administration including New Enrollments, Open Enrollments, Life Events, and Wellness initiatives.
- Enroll new employees in benefit plans and update information when appropriate.
- Reconcile benefit invoices on a monthly basis.
- Perform audits carrier systems with ADP Workforce Now.
- Assist with tasks relating to the retirement plans.
- Provide support with internal and external audits.
- Supports quarterly and year-end tasks including preparing and reconciliation of W2s and 1095Cs.
- Prepare all termination packets, including maintaining and tracking COBRA.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Research, analyze, and resolve payroll and benefits discrepancies.
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests.
- Prepares payroll and benefits reports.
- Comply with all procedures to ensure compliance with all state and federal requirements.
- Serves as day-to-day contact for third party vendors
- Support the deployment of new Human Resources initiatives and programs.
- Assists the Human Resources department in developing and implementing more efficient processes.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties and assignments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year of experience processing payroll in ADP Workforce Now.
- 1 year of experience with processing multi-state payroll.
- 1 year of experience assisting with benefits administration and retirement plans.
- 1 years of experience using Excel, Word, Outlook
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with current Human Resources laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions, work with all levels of employees, and exhibit diplomacy and professionalism in all interactions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local, state, and federal employment and wage and hour laws, recruitment trends and technologies, and staffing and employment practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in, Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field.
- 2 years of experience processing payroll in ADP Workforce Now for multi-state.
- 1 year experience as a “Super User” in ADP Workforce Now. This includes having full access to all functionalities within ADP Workforce Now.
- 3 years experience with benefits administration and retirement plans.
- 1 year experience with non-discrimination testing and 5500 filing.
- 2 years experience working with Excel and advanced formulas such as Vlookup.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Certified Payroll Professional designation.
***Salary: DOE+ Incentives and/or Bonus
***Training program may be held headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. All expense company paid.
***Full Benefits Package To Include: Medical, Dental, Vision (3 plans w/1 Company paid 100%, 401K, Bonus Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, University On-Site Degree Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations & Leave, Employee Wellness Program, etc.