The project manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing corporate projects and designated department projects according to the identified specifications, deadlines, and budgets. The project manager follows the established project management methodology to define project charter and objectives, create schedules, and oversee quality control throughout the entire project.
- Work with business clients to optimize efficiency through process improvements and system automation.
- Create, review and approve project plans that specify charter, scope, approach, management plans, statement of work, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), cost estimates, schedule, performance management baselines, milestones and target dates, risk management plan and project change control plan.
- Coordinate testing of system components to ensure functionality by identifying and resolving issues prior to full implementation.
- Notify and educate stakeholders on system changes and/or upgrades.
- Prepare regular status reports and keeps management and others informed of project status and related issues.
- Evaluate vendors, technology options, and/or modules to determine application and value for our company.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties and assignments as needed.
- May travel occasionally to attend meetings, conferences, and other work-related activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading and managing technology projects using standard project management tools and methodologies to manage scope, timelines, and costs.
- Experience designing, documenting, and implementing processes, tools/technology, and practices.
- Experience leading large-scale change and influencing user adoption.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience working in the financial/banking industry (Credit Union, Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Lending, & Real Estate).
- Experience managing deposit, lending, operations, and/or digital banking systems.
- Experience managing projects with multiple third-party technology vendors. Ability to manage vendors in accordance with contract requirements and internal guidelines.
- Certified in change management methodologies and tools.
- Ability to define and manage project scope, time, and costs, project plans & schedules, project financials/analysis, project proposals, GANTT charts, status reports, functional requirements, test plans, process flow charts, technical summary and other project deliverables.
- Knowledge of and experience with industry, organization, and department specific lifecycles, products, and services.
- Ability to engage stakeholders, understand perceptions, and ensure all of them experience a positive exchange at the end of the project.
- Ability to obtain collaboration from management, employees, and peers to work toward the same goal.
- Ability to develop and maintain a strong partnership with the business to facilitate process automation and process control.
- Ability to tolerate imperfection and frequent change in order to progress incrementally overall.
- Ability to select IT projects that provide a significant return on investment.
- Knowledge of federal and state consumer lending regulations (e.g., Regulation Z, The Fair Credit Reporting Act, Soldiers and Sailors Act, etc.) and compliance requirements such as Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, and Customer ID Program policies and guidelines to appropriately document and track all transactions.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret and apply financial information and perform math functions (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc.) required to perform job specific tasks and implement and monitor metrics.
- Demonstrates the ability to consult, gather and evaluate needs, provide advice and recommendations, and partner with stakeholders to achieve organizational objectives.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Proficient in speaking and writing the English language using correct structure, vocabulary, and organization.
- Demonstrates the ability to adjust communication content, style, and presentation to fit a variety of audiences including executives, employees, vendors, and members.
- Demonstrates experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Ability to proficiently use general office databases and software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint), project plans (e.g., MS Project), process flows (e.g., MS Visio), and prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel).
- Demonstrates experience and behavior consistent with FFCU’s core values of competence, integrity, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility.
***Salary: DOE+ Incentives and/or Bonus
***Training program may be held headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. All expense company paid.
***Full Benefits Package To Include: Medical, Dental, Vision (3 plans w/1 Company paid 100%, 401K, Bonus Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, University On-Site Degree Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations & Leave, Employee Wellness Program, etc.