Excellent company looking to add a successful Registered Nurse - Surgery to their team!
Licenses and certifications
Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Indiana
Must have ACLS
Must have PALS
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) (If hired after January 1, 2020 must have or obtain a BSN within 3 years of employment as a Registered Nurse)
2 year minimum Cardiovascular experience with ability to circulate and scrub being essential
3-5 years of experience in the CVOR, and circulating and scrub skills are essential. Highly motivated and dedicated team members are a necessity. Lastly, an excellent work ethic is essential to the success of this team.
Our Client’s Cardio OR Team is expanding and we are looking for an RN with Cardiovascular Surgery experience for their cutting edge program within this Level II Trauma facility. The RN Surgery will Implementing and evaluating individualized plans of care by assessing the needs of patients and initiatives.
This role will be working in a patient care environment that requires physical exertion, frequent changes in job demands, and certain undesirable patient care activities. May be exposed to bio-hazards. Must be able to report to work location within 30 minutes when on call.
This position will serve on the Open Heart team, which offers a variety of services, some including the newest technology available. Open Heart is one of the foundation service lines that provides a variety of cardiothoracic procedures and works in conjunction with Cath Lab, Interventional Radiology, and Trauma Services to ensure patient need requirements are met.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Current Indiana RN License
- BSN or obtain BSN within 3 years of employment as RN
- 2 year minimum Cardiovascular experience with ability to circulate and scrub being essential
- 3 year Operating Room experience
- Ability to take call 2-3 nights per week and every 3rd weekend
- Demonstrates a high level of knowledge and competency in performing nursing care procedures, assessments, treatment and techniques.
- Demonstrates advanced analytical skills necessary to solve complex problems and make decisions related to patient care.
- Demonstrates the interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff,patients, visitors, physicians and others.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
- Requires an understanding of the need to be responsive and reasonably adaptable for scheduling purposes, when necessary, due to extenuating circumstances in support of co-workers and department functions.
- Requires the ability to work independently, take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e. to walk/stand for prolonged periods of time, push carts/wheelchairs up to 50 pounds, to position/lift patients at a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted, over 35 pounds requires assistance, provide CPR, etc.) to perform the essential functions of the position
- Experience with Cerner. Experience with Interventional Radiology procedures is PREFERRED
- Works in a patient care environment requiring physical exertion, frequent changes in job demands, and certain undesirable patient care activities.
- May be exposed to bio-hazards.
- Must be able to report to work location within 30 minutes when on call.
- Relocation assistance
- Full benefits
- Competitive Salary (based on experience)
- Sign on bonus
- Overtime eligible
- Bonus eligible
- South Bend is a unique area that hosts Notre Dame University. There is lots to do outdoors and is only an hour from Chicago lending to being the best of both worlds including a very reasonable cost of living