Excellent company looking to add a successful Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting to their team!
As the Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for assisting in the annual and quarterly reporting for the Consolidated Financial statements along with being a legal entity owner for certain company’s subsidiaries. As a legal entity owner, you will learn about company’s subsidiaries and will be looked to as the accounting subject matter expert for each of your legal entities. Your daily activities will include preparing internal and external financial documents, fluctuation analysis of balance sheets and income statements, reviewing account reconciliations, and journal entries, along with researching, interpreting and concluding on accounting guidance
Duties & Tasks:
- Assist in the preparation and review of the company's Consolidated Financial statements on a quarterly and annual basis
- Assist external auditors with year-end audits and quarterly reviews
- Compile and communicate monthly consolidated results to the Financial Reporting Director and Global Controller
- As a legal entity owner, you will complete a monthly balance sheet variance pack and communicate the highlights to the leadership team.
- Look for opportunities to gain efficiencies in procedures and processes by either automation or through other means.
- Actively participate in company-wide projects, such as reporting systems upgrades and operational improvements
- Identify control gaps and work with manager and others to devise resolution for risk and control process documents
- Prepare and update procedure and policy documents including items such as process flow charts and narratives, identify improvement in execution opportunities and implement solutions
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- 3-7 years of progressive financial reporting and accounting experience, in financial services industry or with a major public accounting firm
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fondness towards fixing broken processes and unafraid to challenge the norm
- High problem solving and analytical skills, ability to connect the dots
- Good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (U.S. GAAP)