- Act as a technical expert on one or more applications utilized
- Work with the Business System Analyst to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Partner with Infrastructure to identify and deploy optimal hosting environments
- Tune application performance to eliminate and reduce issues
- Research and evaluate technical solutions consistent with technology standards
- Align risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Apply different software development methodologies dependent on project needs
- Contribute expertise to the design of components or individual programs, and participate in the construction and functional testing
- Support development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support
- Create applications and construct unit test cases that ensure compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with peers to mature ways of working, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Computer Science, or related field
- 6+ years or related experience.
- Passion for technology, a curious mind, and an entrepreneur mindset.
- Expert in back-end and front-end application development.
- Hands on experience in client/server and object-oriented software development utilizing Java/J2EE, Spring (Boot), Angular 6+, JSON, MQ, JMS, REST API, DB2, and Oracle DBs, Linux
- Experience using the following tools: GIT, Bit Bucket, Jira, Maven, Jenkins.
- Proven track record with WebSphere, Tomcat, JBoss or other Application servers
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases including DB2, Oracle
- Proficiency in various phases of the system development life cycle including project planning, analysis, design, development, and testing
- Solid focus on software testing with tools such as Junit, Mockito, Jasmine, Karma.
- Demonstrable experience in software development using CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bitbucket, Nexus or similar)
- Familiarity with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Works well as part of team. Self-motivated, tenacious learner
- Curious and agile mindset
- Strong communicator who is a self-starter and highly motivated individual
- Able to support multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to provide adequate guidance & governance to project teams during component integration
- Excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills
Nice to have skills:
- Experience in Financial industry a plus
- Experience in Mainframe is a big plus
- Experience with AWS (EC2, Kinesis, Route53, S3, CloudWatch) is a plus
- Experience with Kafka/Solace is a plus.
- Fosters a culture where honesty and transparency are expected
- Stays current on changes in his/her own specialist area and seeks out learning opportunities to ensure knowledge is up-to-date
- Invests effort to individually coach others.
- Builds collaborative teams across the organization.
- Communicates openly keeping everyone across the organization informed.
Our client safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide.