Excellent company looking to add a successful Sr. Principal Systems Engineer (Cloud Concepts & Architectures) to their team!
Bachelor of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) related field, Agile experience preferred, plua a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Company Mission Systems is currently seeking a Senior Principle Systems Engineer located in our Scottsdale AZ location.
Imagine being part of the team that develops the Cloud technologies, Cloud products and Cloud services that help keep our nation safe. The work is important. The technical solutions are challenging. The personal satisfaction is immense. The people you work with are of the highest caliber. This opportunity is waiting for you at GDMS.
The Senior Principal Systems Engineer (Cloud Concepts & Architectures) is the essential link between our customers and engineering teams to define concept of operations, architectures, and requirements for our systems.
What You'll Experience:
- Lead assessment of Customer “hard” problems & define missions & conceptual systems.
- Develop advanced Cloud system concepts, architectures including functional decomposition.
- Develop analytic models, simulations & perform analysis of complex Cloud Systems
- Develop top-level system Concepts-of-Operation descriptions.
- Propose & lead (Principal Investigator) Independent Research & Development projects.
- Lead Customer funded technology-mission studies
- Provide Cloud subject matter expertise and independent review during program execution
- Direct technical initiatives for future business through concept paper development & RFI/RFP evaluation
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What sets you apart:
- 3+ years of experience with working in designing and implementing hybrid and cloud based information management systems
- 3+ years of experience with commercial cloud service providers, including Amazon Web Services such as GovCloud
- Experience in leading designs at the solutions level space/ground systems architectures including antenna systems, data processing, management, TT&C, mission planning, and associated flight dynamics
- Experience as a DevOps engineer deploying secure cloud infrastructure and applications using cloud infrastructure as code (IaC) using frameworks like Terraform and Ansible Manager
- Experience with microservices designs and implementations including docker, Kubernetes, helm, and rancher
- Experience with CI/CD tools including GitLab and Jenkins
- Familiarity with RMF security frameworks and achieving ATO
- 15+ years of experience in a Systems Engineering role
- Strong analytic skills
- Extensive cross-disciplines experience, including hardware, software, system integration-test
- Effective written & oral communicator, including strong skills in development of Customer presentations
- Passionate about designing & building high quality systems
- Ability to work in project teams of highly talented technologists