Will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day "in-charge" duties of planning, fieldwork, and "wrap-up" to include the preparing of financial statements with disclosures, applying most areas of GAAP as necessary and documenting, validating, testing, and assessing various control systems. This position is also responsible for acting as the client contact for basic questions and information and may be involved in reviews and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
Salary will be commensurate with candidate experience and qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Statistics, required OR Bachelor’s degree in other focus area and CPA certification, required Master’s degree in Accountancy, preferred
- Three (3) or more years of prior relevant audit experience and/or public accounting, private industry accounting or consulting/professional services experience, required
- Prior basic supervisory experience, preferred
- Eligible to sit for the CPA exams upon starting employment, required, and actively pursuing completion of the exams, required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, preferred
- Experience with assurance applications and research tools, preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Possess proven solid verbal and written communication skills
- Possess people development and delegation skills
- Possess executive presence - needs to be able to be primary contact for the client
- Ability to "in-charge" all stages of the audit, including planning, fieldwork, and "wrap-up"
- Ability to perform the completion of an audit of a complex company
- Ability to prepare and/or review financial statements with disclosures in accordance with GAAP requirements.
Skills - Must Have:
CPA Experience in another public accounting firm