Excellent Medical Facility looking to add experienced Physical Therapist to their team!
The incumbent shall be responsible for providing a full range of physical therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment, consistent with the position's qualifications, professional practices, and ethical standards. The incumbent shall also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
- Support and assist the development of the Rehabilitation Program area(s) assigned and for the provision of physical therapy services. Rehabilitation Services at Medical Center may include the provision of physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and recreational therapy to patients on acute care units, in the Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility, the Skilled Nursing Facility, and/or in the Outpatient Program.
- These programs provide services to include orthopedic, medical, medical-surgical, and neuro-rehab.
- Physical therapy services will be provided to infants, children, adolescents, adults and the geriatric population as indicated by qualified therapists.
- The therapist will be involved in multidisciplinary case conferences and discharge planning for patients of all ages treated at Medical Center.
- Evaluate and implement plan of treatment under the supervision of the Physician to ensure timely provision of Physical Therapy services. Responsible for cost efficiency and quality of rehab services provided.
- Demonstrate competence through direct observation during assessment, treatment and care of patients as evidenced by the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the patient’s needs as it relates to age-specific criteria, knowledge of growth and development, and the understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients, as appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
- Provide 1 educational in-service to peers annually.
- Document accurately, clearly, legibly, timely (the day and time of treatment) within the scope of practice. This will include evaluations, progress notes, reports and calls to Physicians, prescription updates, checking for authorization approvals prior to treatment and accurate charges, completing all necessary chart information to ensure accurate information for care and reimbursement. Therapists will attend and participate in care plan, daily, weekly and, discharge planning meetings and rounds as required on the unit served.
- Consistently completes all necessary and required documentation as it pertains to The Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and/or California Department of Public Health guidelines.
- Independent peer review of random patient charts to ensure/document adherence to scope of practice in regards to documentation.
- Demonstrates consistent active clinical supervisory role to Physical Therapy Assistants/Physical Therapy Aides as required.
- Collaborates with peers in a professional manner.
- Meet productivity standard for primary cost center.
- Proactively assists in other rehab departments (those not your primary cost center) to ensure overall decrease in overtime/registry usage.
- Provide at least one in-service annually on issues pertaining to rehabilitation to improve the clinical strength of the department and affect program development.
- Promote quality patient care by monitoring and implementing change through the Performance Improvement Program.
- Actively participates in one or more hospital-wide interdepartmental program. (i.e. hospital-wide competencies and orientations,
- California Physical Therapy license
- Documentation of eligibility for valid California Physical Therapy license
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Required
- Experienced in the supervision of Physical Therapy Assistants and Physical Therapy Aides
- 1 Year experience as a licensed Physical Therapist
***Excellent Pay Structure
***Full-time Position w/Excellent Benefits Package
***Relocation Assistance Available