Excellent company looking to add a successful External Financial Reporting Manager to their team!
Coordinates the preparation and review of all required filings for Company with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (“FERC”), and other nonpublic external financial reports within the NV Energy organization. Assists in the preparation of the Company reporting requirements, which are included in required internal and external reports, including the SEC reports. Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of all external financial reports; oversees the monitoring and implementing of new accounting guidance and SEC and FERC rules; provides support and direction to the business and manages the relationship with the company's external auditors. Coordinates the recording, preparation and audit related to all company benefit plans. Supports the company regulatory team in preparing testimony, regulatory responses to data request and other similar work, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the preparation and review of SEC and FERC financial statements and review of XBRL tagging of the Companies’ SEC filings, including: Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K and registration statements as required; and review of FERC filings, including: Form 1, Form 2A and Form 3Q. Works with the BHE team to ensure consistency and accuracy of presentation and disclosure of the Company financial statements within the BHE filings.
- Manages the preparation and review of variance analysis reports and memos, including balance sheet changes and period to period income statement variances and responses to information and data requests received from BHE.
- Oversees the research, resolution and documentation of all Company accounting and reporting issues, in a manner consistent with BHE’s non-routine policy. Review includes detailed accounting review of contracts to determine proper accounting treatment. Completes obtaining quarterly signoffs on issues related to legal contingencies, uncertain tax positions, assets not in rates, and other areas as assigned. Monitors developments of new accounting guidance and SEC rules in coordination with BHE corporate, business units and the Company's external auditors, analyzes the impact, documents the new accounting and disclosure requirements, and coordinates the implementation of the new guidance or rules.
- Manages all accounting and reporting requirements associated with the employee benefit plans, including leading the coordination of the benefit plan audits; coordinating the information and assumptions required by external actuaries; developing and maintaining relevant process maps, desk procedures, and other relevant documentation.
- Oversees the review of investor conference presentations; offering memorandums, as applicable; internal sales analysis reports; and other reports necessary for regulatory, legal, corporate communications or other requirements; to ensure consistency and accuracy of presentation and disclosure. Provides support to the regulatory team with federal and state regulatory filings, preparing testimony, responses to data requests, and other similar work as needed.
- Coordinates and manages the external audit work paper preparation, the review and resolution of issues, audit process improvements and audit status meetings. In coordination with BHE corporate accounting, manages the relationship with the Company's external auditors. Coordinates the department’s compliance activities relative to Sections 202, 302 and 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, consistent with BHE corporate policies.
- Performs administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the department, including employee safety; selection and development of employees; salary administration; budget administration; employee counseling and motivation; organization goals and objectives; and planning, organizing, integrating, measuring and reporting the work performed within the department.
- Monitors and enforces all compliance requirements for area of responsibility.
- Ensures all compliance aspects of position are known and followed; understands and complies with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to position and company.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Skills, and Environment
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school in accounting or related field and 6 years of progressive work experience. Must possess a Certified Public Accountant designation.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Technical and understanding of financial reporting and the company’s business process.
Skills such as:
- Analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, presentation, interpersonal and communication.
- Leadership, project management, prioritize, and managing multiple issues and projects concurrently.
- Maintaining sensitive and confidential information regarding company information.
Equipment and Applications
- PCs, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- General office environment. No special physical demands required.
***Full Benefits Offered***
***Relocation Assistance Available For Ideal Candidate***
***Flexible Work Schedule - Part-time remote or full-time remote in Nevada***