Excellent Medical Facility looking to add experienced Labor and Delivery *Days* Registered Nurse to their team!
- The job duties listed are essential functions of the position. However, other duties may be assigned, and may also be considered essential functions of the position.
- The caregiver must be sufficiently fluent in the English language to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the position. The degree of fluency required will vary depending upon the nature of the position.
- Caregivers are expected to honor the Mission, Values, Vision and Promise and adhere to the Code of Conduct, policies and standards of their organization.
- For direct patient care roles: Performs and maintains currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Key functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
- Employs Nursing Professional Practice: Assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates patients’ care. Develops, updates and coordinates the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Performs and maintains currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served.
- Advocates: Effectively advocates for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Facilitates Learning: Fosters a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community.
- Aligns Practice with Safety and Quality: Accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes.
- Engages in Professional Development: Engages in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards. Promotes a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Leads in the Practice Setting & Community: Leads and coordinates teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge. Models professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession.
- 1 year nursing experience
- 1 year labor and delivery experience
- Proficiency with Information Technology; such as electronic health records, communications systems, computers and equipment necessary to perform essential functions of the position.
- Skilled to work with a wide range of staff as part of an interdisciplinary team including physicians, nurses, and ancillary staff.
- Ability to use independent, critical judgment in all aspects of patient care delivery.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills that convey a positive and supportive attitude.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities, urgent responses, and challenging situations.
- Special patient care equipment, to include Safe Patient Handling equipment, as specified by the assigned nursing unit.
- Telephone, paging, and fax and other communication technologies.
- Clinical and administrative information systems
Licenses and Certifications:
- Required upon hire: California Registered Nurse License
- Required upon hire: National Provider BLS - American Heart Association
- Required upon hire: National Provider BLS - American Heart Association upon hire
- Required upon hire: National Provider NRP - American Academy of Pediatrics
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
***Excellent Pay Structure
***Full-time Position w/Excellent Benefits Package