We are seeking Physician - Flight Medicine for full-time positions supporting our client!
Monday - Friday, between 7:20am - 4:20pm.
Job Specific Details and Tasks:
•Shall provide outpatient health care to qualifying beneficiaries as scheduled by the Government.
• Care shall include but not be limited to continuing, comprehensive health maintenance and medical care to entire family regardless of sex, age, or type of problem.
• Will maintain a program of comprehensive health for the family unit, to include preventive medicine, behavioral sciences, and community health.
• May become the primary care manager for a panel of patients. As a PCM, will be the primary person responsible for the management of the health and wellness of his/her assigned patients. Duties include:
• Examination of patients, formulation differential diagnostic plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
• Interpretation of examination findings and test results, and implementation of treatment plans.
• Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
• Approving/disapproving subspecialty referrals.
• Answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff.
• Providing primary and secondary preventive maintenance care.
• All inpatients will be admitted as per the local MTF instructions.
• Be capable of adequately diagnosing and treating a wide range of pediatric and adult acute and chronic diseases and injuries including but not limited to conditions of the:
o Skin Pulmonary System
o Head Gastrointestinal System
o Eyes Musculoskeletal System
o Ears Genitourinary System
o Nose Reproductive System
o Throat Lymphatic System
o Neck Central Nervous System
o Cardiovascular System Endocrine System
o Psychiatric and Behavioral Health
• Have sufficient experience to be able to adequately perform medical procedures to include, but not limited to, the following:
o Basic Life Support
o Advanced Life Support
o Pediatric Advanced Life Support
o Secure and maintain an adequate airway to include endotracheal intubation
o Cardioversion of life-threatening arrhythmias
o Simple minor surgical procedures: punch biopsies, excision of skin lesions
o Simple abscess incision and drainage
o Nail trephination
o Sling or swath injuries
o Lumbar puncture
o Suture simple laceration
o Suture removal
o Tube thoracostomy
o Nebulizer treatment
o Urine catheterization
o Cultures (throat, wound)
o Suprapubic tap
o Remove ocular, nasal and ear foreign bodies
o Clearing of ears by flush technique
o Reduce simple dislocations and fractures, when appropriate
o Bandaging of sprains, minor burns, and minor lacerations
o Perform venous punctures for lab studies and interpret results
o Draw arterial blood gases for evaluation and interpret results
o Administer intravenous, intramuscular, and subcutaneous medications as appropriate
o Stabilize and evaluate cervical spine injuries as appropriate
o Splint and stabilize traumatic injuries to extremities
• Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
• Prepare records and reports as required in support of services rendered in accordance with established procedures.
• Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative
* Education: Possesses a Doctor of Medicine degree or a Doctor of Osteopathy degree from an approved school of medicine or osteopathy.
* Experience: Successful completion of an accredited Family Medicine Residency. The applicant must have a minimum of 35 hours of direct patient care in the past year. Applicant must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the last 10 years having served as a privileged flight surgeon at a US Military installation.
* Licensure: Current, unrestricted medical license from any state
* Board Certification: Current board certification in Aerospace Medicine is highly recommended. If not board-certified in Aerospace Medicine, then must show proof of completion of any medical residency program and must have a minimum of 3 years of U.S. military Flight Surgeon experience.
* Life Support Certification: Possess current BLS & ACLS certifications
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.
Pay Scale: W2 = $285,000 / 1099 = $187.00 per hour, to be determined based on qualifications, experience, and location
Options as an Independent Contractor (full-time or part-time):
* Competitive Compensation
* Amazing facility, support staff, and patient demographic
Or W2 (full-time only):
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, 11 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account and more available!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!