"Excellent company has been in business more than 75 years and likely has designed more linear miles of commuter/light rail than any other firm in the USA. is now looking to add a Design Quality Manager - Transit to their team. Company has one of the biggest projects in California state history for rail and is close to a value of 900 million dollars.
- Develop the DQMP and oversee its implementation throughout the entire design process.
- Provide independent quality oversight of design activities. - Report to Design Project Manager.
- Collaborate closely with Construction Quality Manager and Independent Quality Assurance Manager.
- Lead both the quality control verification of compliance and the quality assurance verification of the quality process. Quality control verification includes review of design documents, interdisciplinary reviews within the design team, and constructability review.
- Quality assurance verification will assure that all quality control procedures were properly followed and documented.
- Participate in reviews by members of the construction team.
- Work cooperatively with multiple supporting groups in a large office environment.
- Communicate and integrate effectively with diverse personnel on a large project team.
- BSCE - Licensed PE - Light Rail experience in capacity listed above
- 7+ to 10 years of experience
- Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
- Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
***40+ hours per week
***Relocation Assistance Available"