As the National Account Manager you will be responsible for generating sales of natural gas fuel by promoting natural gas vehicle technologies to Fortune 1000 prospects utilizing large truck fleets. Your threshold will be companies with a billion dollars in revenue. Smaller businesses will be targeted by Business Development Managers working within your territory.
More specifically, you will:
• Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
• Manage and grow relationships with various prospects, clients, and partners in the natural gas fuel industry.
• Create penetration strategies by doing complex mapping.
• Establish and develop relationships with decision makers and key players.
• Educate prospects, boards of directors, communities, government councils, trade associations, etc. on the economic and health benefits of natural gas vehicles.
• Participate on committees, professional associations and other high visibility venues to leverage personal exposure and promote natural gas fuel.
• Market to new and existing customers through the creation, development, and implementation of various business solutions. Coordinate marketing promotions, including advertising, and special sales.
• Estimate demand for proposed projects based on market research and consumer trends.
• Create focused proposals and presentations.
• Review and understand station contracts and fueling agreements.
• Provide input to the management team on new product or service features to be developed to meet current and future customer needs.
• Work closely with Engineering on the development of assigned projects, and with Operations on station operations and performance. This role reports to VP of Trucking, Central.
This role calls for a unique combination of business development skills, technical savvy, and interpersonal qualities; you'll need to be engaged and engaging: engaged in your customers' goals and engaging in the sense that people like and trust you. To be successful, you will be a consummate business professional, passionate about what you do and comfortable working with multiple decision makers at the highest levels.
Ease with an extended sales cycle is imperative. In this energy conscious environment it isn't that difficult to get in door, but change is difficult and closing takes effort and time. You'll need all of your business acumen, including understanding financials, sales savvy and interpersonal finesse as you invest the extended time necessary to educate your prospects and facilitate change. It could be six to eighteen months before you see results, but if you're tenacious and dedicated you will find success.
7 to 10 years experience
***Excellent Benefits Package
***Must be willing to travel occasionally
***Base Plus Commission Compensation (Eligible to participate in Sales Incentive Plan with possible variable earning of 50% of annual salary first year and 100% of annual salary second year)
***Interview Travel Reimbursement Available