• Ensure accounting records, monthly accounting close activities, and variance analysis are properly prepared, maintained and explained in a timely manner.
• Responsible for journal entries, complex balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis in accordance with US GAAP.
• Solid understanding of ERP systems including sub-modules, including the development, implementation and/or maintenance of one or more accounting systems.
• Understand the transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results.
• Use broad knowledge of accounting concepts, wide-ranging experience, superior analytical skills and knowledge of industry to review issues and develop standards.
• Plan and design business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities.
• Recommends changes to policies and procedures that affect the team and accounting organization as a whole.
• Communicate regularly with operational business partners to identify areas for operational improvement, share knowledge about financial trends and upcoming changes.
• Provide review of work of other team members, providing constructive feedback, guidance and coaching to other team members while maintaining positive relationships.
• Participate in developing the leadership capabilities of subordinates and peers through active coaching.
• Ability to mine for, manipulate and manage large volumes of data.
• Deep understanding of business drivers and their effect on financial results required.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision on complex projects and represent accounting on enterprise projects.
• Uses independent judgment to complete tasks and recommend solutions.
• Has the ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, and recommend viable solutions.
• Proven professional with advanced understanding of accounting theory, current accounting issues, and accounting systems, with in depth understanding of US GAAP.
• Effectively communicates with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
• Actively shares best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
• Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance a large group of diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
• Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally.
• Excellent interpersonal, decision-making and analytical abilities
Skills and Abilities Required:
-MS Excel proficient
-3-5 years of experience
-Positive can-do attitude"