Our client is the world's preeminent hedge fund administrators and have over 35 years experience in the provision of administration and other services to their hedge fund clients, many of whom are leading names in the industry.
Their Fund Services draws upon a global team of more than 3,000 experienced, knowledgeable and highly trained staff to ensure that each fund is supported appropriately and service quality standards are not only met, but consistently exceeded. They recognize the importance of theirstaff through career development initiatives and extensive training programs to ensure staff are equipped to handle the complexities of hedge funds. The Fund Services companies have consistently been ranked "Best in Class" and "Top-Rated" across all locations in recognized industry surveys of hedge fund administrators for both single manager funds and funds of hedge funds.
This position primarily covers Java/J2EE applications within our clients AExeo group and reports to the Product Development Technical Lead.
Main Job Functions/Responsibilities:
-The Application Developer - Java will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, support and maintenance of multiple tier applications written in Java/J2EE. The candidate must have hands on experience and knowledge of technologies including Java, J2EE and relational databases. Prior experience in development and support of financial applications is a plus.
-The ideal candidate will have a keen desire to learn more about trading operations and accounting, especially how fund administration is effected with Company's technology platforms. The position is most suited to a fast learner with an excellent ability to digest & understand new material quickly, working in an unstructured work environment.
• 2-5 years professional hands-on experience with agile software development in Java/J2EE
• Experience of J2EE application servers (WebSphere 6.1+) and Eclipse Blue is a plus
• Proven ability with problem-solving technical issues in a logical manner
• Prior experience with relational databases (Oracle 10g/11g preferred)
• Previous experience with C#/.NET is a plus
• Experience using Maven, Subversion, Bamboo and JIRA preferred
• Experience with debugging, profiling and unit testing
• Working knowledge of performance testing is a plus
• Ability to work independently with or without direction and or supervision
• Basic understanding of financial instruments and trade life cycle
• “Get the job done” mindset and innovative approaches to problems
• Technical Knowledge and Commercial Acumen
• Quality and Risk Control
• Decision Making
• Client Service
What is offered: A challenging job in a rapidly expanding international company. There is the opportunity to expand your business knowledge with excellent prospects for a further international career in one of our worldwide offices. We also offer a competitive benefit package including 100% paid medical and dental, a minimum of 3 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) and a generous compensation package."