"Company is seeking a Software Engineer with expertise in Java as well as strong PHP skills for a full-time position in our San Francisco headquarters.
As the premier provider of intelligent software distribution, monetization, and analytics solutions, our unique, patent-pending technology platform is constantly evolving, with more patented products/features planned. This role is an opportunity to be the technical leader in innovating through the design & development of extremely large-scale, web-based systems, supporting 50 million users per month (and growing). Creativity and technical excellence are critical attributes for this role, with the ideal candidate being an elite software programmer having a passion for innovation and achievement. There's no shortage of interesting work and problems to solve so, if that's what you're looking for, This is the right place!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in small, agile teams, designing & developing new features for an existing, large-scale, Java & PHP based content/product management system
- Primary responsibility will be the back-end of the reporting system for our WebInstall product that shows publishers how many downloads, how many advertiser software installs, and how much money they have made using our installer (along with many other stats and we're looking to add more reporting functionality)
- PHP skills will be used to maintain and improve the back-end of our in-house tool for BFG, our in-house tool for managing advertising campaigns on Bing, Facebook, and Google
- Collaborate with Product Management to identify, prioritize and document detailed product requirements - Drive continual improvement to system architecture and application code
- Lead development efforts in optimization of existing systems (scalability, reliability, availability)
- Expert Java programming skills (5-7 years of Java-based server-side software engineering)
- Strong PHP skills (PHP is a smaller piece of the role than Java, but still absolutely required)
- Expert knowledge of Java, MySQL, Hibernate, Apache, Lucene, and MVC
- Proficiency with general *nix system administration & networking
- Excellent applied optimization skills (application performance optimization, query optimization, system optimization, stress/load testing, etc.)
- Highly motivated and self-sufficient with excellent written and oral communication skills
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
DESIRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with JPA, Mozilla Rhino, Mono, Commons, Open-CSV, c3p0, Ehcache, Google-Guava, Google-Guice, and Maven
- Advertising technology industry experience
- Android development is a plus
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent COMPENSATION AND
BENEFITS Compensation depends on experience and consists of base salary and a quarterly target bonus opportunity. We provide medical, dental, life and disability insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan, and paid time off."