"Excellent Company looking to add a Project Manager to their team!
• Prepare project design basis and scopes including equipment specification requirements, technology selection, flow sheets, layouts and material balances. This includes the development, evaluation, and selection of process and project alternatives
• Provide necessary input to prepare cost estimates and project schedules in support of Appropriation Requests. Cost estimates and project schedules should be analyzed for accuracy, and completeness
• Assist in preparation of Appropriation Requests
• Direct and execute design engineering phase of projects, including process design calculations, project organization, contract plan development, and review and approval of all discipline documents. Also monitors project spending, engineering man-hour expenditures and compliance with project schedule, and scope of work
• Be responsible for clear and efficient communication between the project team and management
• Communicate with construction and site personnel to ensure that Plant is constructed per design
• Provide guidance and technical support to resolve construction problems
• Provide technical support during start-up phase to ensure product quality and capacity requirements are met
• Direct the close out of projects which includes punch list and acceptance, drawing revision to as-built status, capitalization, cost and project reconciliation, project audit and document microfilming
• Schedule and guide project safety reviews per engineering procedures
• Creatively solve technical and administrative problems in areas such as:
o Process Design
o Material of Construction
o Equipment Selection
o Discipline Interfaces
o Contract Planning
o Cost Control
• Balance cost, schedule, and Plant design to achieve results that satisfy all parties involved.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical or related Engineering discipline and ten or more (10+) years of experience OR
• Master’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical or related Engineering discipline and four to eight or more (4-8+) years of experience OR
• Ph.D. in Chemical, Mechanical or related Engineering discipline and two to six or more (2-6+) years of experience
• Experience should include the successful completion of at least 6 significant projects
• Significant experience, directly related to the principles and procedures of project and process engineering, as well as, the control and integration of activities associated with design and construction projects
• Effective communication skills and computer literacy
• Responsible for capital investment projects and is accountable for meeting all scope requirements, including achieving project quality and design capacity, and for completing the project within the scheduled time frame and appropriate budget
• Responsible for control of the project scope, schedule and cost. The Senior Project Engineer reports to a Manager of Project Engineering
• Demonstrated the capability of handling projects up to $25 million. The Project Manager provides functional supervision to discipline engineers assigned to his/her projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical or related Engineering discipline and twelve or more (12+) years of experience OR
• Master’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical or related Engineering discipline and 10 or more (10+) years of experience OR
• Ph.D. in Chemical, Mechanical or related Engineering discipline and eight or more (8+) years of experience
• PMP Certification
• Knowledge of the German language."