"Bring your expertise to our innovative culture where you will have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives, and to take your career further than you can imagine.
Position Summary: The primary objective of this position is to identify prospective Medicare-eligible members, explain the features and benefits of the available products in that marketplace and enroll the prospects into a product that best fits their needs. Successful candidates generate leads from a variety of sources including networking, physician and pharmacy referrals, grassroots sources as well as from member referrals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Achieve monthly individual production goals
2. Conduct group and/or individual sales presentations and enroll eligible prospects on site as often as possible
3. Represent our company at community/employer/company-sponsored events to promote the company, raise awareness and generate leads
4. Follow-up on leads by calling prospective members and scheduling sales appointments to meet with prospects
5. Conduct needs assessments with prospects in order to best explain product offerings
6. Know all elements of product portfolio and associated eligibility guidelines for various election periods
7. Know provider network (physician, hospital and pharmacy)
8. Develop good working relationships with key primary care physicians and pharmacies and their staff members
9. Maintain good working knowledge of competitor products in the market and how to sell against each
10. Submit completed enrollment applications in a timely basis
11. Record, report and maintain lead disposition status using appropriate tools including SalesForce
12. Be familiar with current CMS Medicare Marketing Guidelines and maintain compliance
13. Successfully complete annual product training, AHIP certification and additional training and/or certification that may be required
Experience: Prefer 1-2 years of experience selling Medicare Advantage products or relevant sales experience with a track record of success.
Education: Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
Language skills: Bilingual Spanish/English; preferred.
Computer Skills: Must be proficient in use of the internet, web-based applications and Microsoft Office suite of products.
Insurance License: Must have a current, active Life and Health agent license for the state in which the representative enrolls prospects. If not licensed, license must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
Transportation: Successful candidates must have a reliable means of transportation and must be willing to travel throughout Santa Clara County."