"Are you driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit? Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed? If you embrace these qualities, then please read on! The Role:
Our client is looking for an organized, detail oriented candidate to fill a Senior Quality Engineer role in the Schaumburg Office. As a key member of the Engineering Team, this person will be responsible for developing, publishing, and implementing test plans for WinForm and Internet applications, both consumer facing and SOA. Experience and passion for gaining a deep understanding of applications functionality and how they interact with other systems. Responsibilities:
- Defines, develops, and implements quality assurance practices and procedures, test plans.
- Works directly with business analysts, product managers, and software engineers to understand system requirements, use cases, and performance considerations.
- Ability to write, debug and maintain test scripts.
- Provide post-implementation testing of production changes.
- Work with the support organization to ensure that root cause of any production issue is identified and mitigated against future occurrences.
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering or related discipline desired.
- Experience developing regression and unit test plans, managing defects, and implementing stress/load/volume/automated testing of Internet (both web and SOA) applications and 2 years doing the same on mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
- Experience with automated and manual QA tools and methodologies like HP QuickTest Professional, Microsoft Visual Studio testing frameworks, and Selenium is desired, but not required.
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-operating system testing.
- Hands on experience using profiling tools with .NET based applications to identify potential application bottlenecks.
- Must have the desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process, product quality, and reliability.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication, project management skills a must.
Must be extremely detail-oriented in regards to verbal and written documentation and communication"