Manages the college recruiting team responsible for supporting the Company and the sales organization’s recruiting strategy and implementation process. This position is also responsible for developing proactive recruiting strategies and creating and maintaining candidate pipelines as well as managing the implementation of programs to meet workforce diversity and recruiting goals.
• Participates in the development and implementation of a successful vision/strategy for our Corporate Recruiting Program and Corporate Sales Management Development Program.
• Leads and conducts on-campus College recruiting functions.
• Manages the MBA recruiting program and MBA Internship program.
• Meets with managers and vice presidents throughout company to develop strategic recruiting plans that complement the workforce planning needs.
• Stays informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices including leveraging technology and social media.
• Markets the Company brand and the organization to targeted schools and potential candidates crafting and delivering the message of “Day in the Life at Company”.
• Establishes relationships and networks with key faculty members and college recruiting centers at targeted college/university and community colleges emphasizing the company’s career opportunities.
• Manages the High School Scholarship Internship program and High School internship opportunities.
• Leads, manages and promotes the Technical Management Development Program (TMDP).
• Oversees the planning of weekly intern lunches, department presentations for interns, final presentations by interns, social activities and the final end of summer internship event.
• Performs, facilitates and manages educational outreach efforts within Modesto and surrounding city schools.
• Works closely with Stanislaus Partners in Education (SPIE) and Stanislaus County Office of Education (SCOE) and other educational institutions to strengthen relationships with local schools.
• Manages the planning and organization of recruiting conference events.
• Manages special projects relative to corporate recruitment and development activities.
• Proposes and participates in the development of new or improvements to existing recruiting materials and procedures. • Manages recruiting practices and results of all Regional Managers of Training and Recruiting.
• Oversees applicant tracking system in compliance with EEO regulations.
• Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams.
• Identifies and obtains staff resources and capabilities needed to accomplish objectives.
• Works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
• Develops, maintains and assures adherence to operating budget.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding recruiting and hiring.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Develops, coaches and mentors direct reports.
• Conducts performance evaluations; recommends salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of recruiting experience with 3 years college recruiting to include supervisory or managerial experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Required to travel by car or plane.
• Required to occasionally work evenings and weekends to attend events and functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration plus 8 years of recruiting experience with 5 years college recruiting to include supervisory or managerial experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Experience working effectively in a dynamic and changing environment.
• Experience work with all levels and functions within the Company.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.
• Experience working collaboratively with teams from finance, sales/marketing, operations and business teams.
• Experience presenting new recruiting concepts to direct supervisor and other leadership team members.
• Experience working on projects that have strategic impact and improve the process efficiency of the company.
• Effective organizational and administrative skills.
• Self-motivated; deadline driven; experience working autonomously; strong work ethic.
• Experience simultaneously working-on and completing multiple assignments on a timely basis.
• Skilled in the use of MS Word and MS Excel at an intermediate level, MS Access and MS PowerPoint at a basic level.
• Experience with behavioral based interviewing techniques such as DDI’s Targeted Selection.
• Experience with an HRIS system, internet recruiting, social networking, and social media applications.
• Experience effectively presenting and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, students and the general public.
• Experience defining problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SALARY - DOE"