JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for inspecting loads and the delivery of products. Inspects equipment for wear and safety standards. Inspects product for conformance to standards. Verifies materials loaded or unloaded against tickets. Maintains and returns required documentation. Performs related duties as assigned.
* Deliver product to customer locations throughout the Southeast and represent Company in a professional manner. (Deliveries are considered local and home nights)
* Perform daily inspections of equipment. * Know and maintain shipping records as required by company.
* Repair, replace and/or make minor adjustments to equipment.
* Know and maintain records to meet Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA) requirements.
* Inspect trucks, trailers and lifting devices to meet safety standards.
* Maintain equipment. i.e. wash weekly, report problems to maintenance.
* Follow all safety and operational procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
*Commercial Drivers License, Class A required. Tanker endorsement preferred, but not required.
* 2 years of driving experience in a commercial tractor (Class V over 75,000 lbs) and flatbed trailer (18 wheels).
* Ability to secure loads with chains, cables and straps.
* Ability to climb on and off tractor-trailer, using steps and ladders.
* Understand written and verbal instructions.
* Ability to inspect equipment, and/or materials to identify problems.
* Must meet company criteria for background investigations, provide complete prior work history and have a clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
* Please note, paid by the load 42-62,000 annualized range
***Minimum Education - Certification
***Must be willing to travel