Excellent company looking to add a Staff Engineer to their team!
- Design, modify and evaluate electronic products for use in rugged environments to meet quality, delivery and cost goals.
- Develop new applications of technology for product development and be expert user of critical technology for electric drive components for vehicle applications.
- Produce and evaluate design solutions for IGBT and/or MOSFET based A/C motor drive inverters and DC/DC Converters with the involvement of manufacturing/mechanical/software engineers and supply management.
- Perform complex worst case analysis, simulations, and design verification to ensure electronic assemblies meet the requirements of harsh environments for the vehicle applications and mentor others in these areas.
- Conduct experimental tests and evaluate results, including electromagnetic compliance (EMC), electromagnetic immunity (EMI), highly accelerated life test (HALT) as well as various electrical & environmental tests.
- Provide technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations.
- Support resolutions of challenging technical issues related to motor drive inverters and communicate findings to a diverse technical range of audience.
- Excellent communication, thriving on solving problems and working in a team environment.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 8+ years experience in electronic hardware design and development for power electronics applications or 5+ years with an advanced degree in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in Power Electronics, systems knowledge of hybrid vehicles, experience designing embedded controls for power electronics and experience with designs in a variety of DC voltage levels (12 Vdc to 800 Vdc).
***Interview Trael Reimbursement Available
***Relocation Assistance Available
***Must be willing to travel occasionally