- As a Senior Electronic/Software Controls Engineer you will contribute to a multi-disciplined team to perform specify, design, develop, test, and document major electrical, electromechanical, electro-hydraulic functions / subsystems for agricultural electronic drivetrain control systems.
- Development responsibilities include design / specification of electronic hardware interface, as well as a pplication software.
- Lead the design of robust electro-hydraulic transmission systems and the control algorithms.
- Verify that drivetrain electronic subsystem meets requirements, through a combination of virtual and hardware based testing including; desktop, bench, vehicle simulator testing.
- Create and develop software per the company Embedded Software Development Process.
- Utilize modeling software (e.g. Simulink) and a dynamic transmission model consisting of electro-hydraulic, electro-mechanical, and electrical sub-systems.
- Support electronic hardware design group with requirements.
- Analyze current production/experimental issues, develop an understanding of the root cause and create appropriate action plans to resolve these issues. -
Provide technical support during system field-testing activities on an as needed basis.
- Provide necessary design documentation to support development of service publications.
- Excellent communicator who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment.
-Ideally a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with an emphasis in control systems.
- Experience in the field of Mechatronics and have a solid understanding of electrical/electronics, hydraulics, and mechanical systems.
- Experience in control systems design. -
5+ years experience with C programming language and software development tools for embedded micro-controllers.
- Experience with implementing embedded software control systems.
- Familiarity in subsystem design, software development, and electronic circuit design and analysis.
- Technical experience relating to design/diagnostics of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems.
- Experience with control systems design and analysis on agricultural or drivetrain applications. - An advanced engineering degree.
-2+ years experience with model based software design (MBSD) using the Matlab/Simulink tool chain.
***Interview Travel Reimbursement
***Relocation Assistance Available
***Must be willing to travel occasionally