Excellent company looking to add a Controls Hardware Engineer to their team!
- Develop innovative hardware designs that improve the performance, robustness, and emissions of the engine controller and the engine control system (sensors, actuators, etc.).
- Collaborate with Base Engine, Performance, Aftertreatment, and Vehicle Application groups to define needs and provide recommendations for system solutions. This includes control of auxiliary engine components interaction with vehicle systems, diagnostics, and general system optimization.
- Develop requirements for electronic engine control system components and work with suppliers to ensure program reliability, performance, cost, and schedule goals are met.
- Support the completion of design and production readiness activities for hardware controls components including product design, prototype delivery, system integration, design verification testing, and production implementation. Components include sensors, actuators, and engine control unit (ECU).
- Provide technical support for the development of control hardware strategies and act as a technical resource for customers, suppliers, and other team members.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and evaluate opportunities for practical implementation.
- We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering.
- 3 + years experience with control systems hardware design.
- Ability to make decisions and communicate effectively within a cross-functional organization.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for new and innovative solutions.
- Ability to support and improve hardware product development processes.
- Experience with control systems hardware design in diesel engine technology, experience in electronics design for applications within off-highway environments and experience in sensor development technologies.
***Relocation Assistance Available
***Interview Travel Reimbursement Available *
**Must be willing to travel occasionally