Excellent company looking to add a Packaging Development Engineer to their team!
- Develop and consult on global packaging solutions for new chemical entities and line extensions.
- This role functions in a development setting and is focused on designing and developing secondary packaging systems to support packaging and distribution of finished drug products, bulk drug products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). These container-closure systems include vials, cartridges, syringes, bottles, blisters, and bulk containers. Must be able to identify and develop new technologies for secondary packaging projects related to materials, testing methods and equipment. Key customers for this position include product development, manufacturing, distribution, regulatory, and project management.
- Accurate and timely documentation of work
- Ensure communication and on-time deliverables for assigned projects
- Represent packaging development at project team meetings
- Work with suppliers to design and develop secondary packaging presentations and systems for new products in the pipeline
- Manage development and implementation of secondary packaging processes and unit operations
- Serve as subject matter expert on new and existing secondary packaging platforms.
- Gather and utilize patient/user centered design data to drive design decisions for new secondary packaging systems
- Qualify secondary packaging components and systems
- Understand product requirements and measurement challenges
- Ensure appropriate lab studies are conducted and author technical reports
- Develop specifications and drawings
- Interface with vendors, procurement, incoming QC
- Understand and apply packaging laws and guidances
- Contribute information toward development history reports and regulatory submission modules/dossiers
- Identify opportunities to improve cost, cycle time, and compliance
- Explore new materials, methods, instrumentation, and equipment
- Bachelors degree in engineering or materials science Field of Study
- Minimum five years of relevant experience
- Understanding of cGMPs
- Direct experience in managing development programs including scale-up/capability controls
- Masters Degree in engineering or materials science Field of Study
- Good communication (written and oral) and documentation
- Knowledge of compendia
- Team player
- In-depth technical knowledge in packaging-related area(s), especially secondary packaging systems
***Relocation Assistance Available
***Interview Travel Reimbursement
***Must be willing to travel occasionally