"Excellent company looking to add Sr. Linux Infrastructure Engineer in which they will sponsor to their team!
Important Notes: This role is pretty standard. Besides the regular must-haves in a typical SRE/Dev Ops type of role (knowledge of linux/unix, shell scripting, puppet, automation and scalability), Hadoop experience is also a must-have.
We are looking for a Sr. Linux Infrastructure Engineer who has a huge interest in automation and scalability, who likes to take ownership of projects (i.e. doesn’t want to be micromanaged), and who wants to be able to see the impact he or she will make.
Your primary responsibility will be to research, design, build, and deploy solutions supporting the rollout and maintenance of a large scale Linux infrastructure, which is the platform for a large scale (petabytes) data analytics and collaboration environment.
You’ll be an integral part of our tech ops team, which is 4 people and growing. You should have integrity, drive, dedication, ingenuity, a collaborative nature, the ability to laugh, a commitment to excellence, and a get things done attitude.
• Research, recommend, and implement subject area application spaces (e.g. Infrastructure Monitoring, Nagios preferred)
• Identify ideal integration methods with existing infrastructure and tool - Operate, integrate and optimize incumbent systems (e.g. Puppet, Foreman, RackTables)
• Build system configurations for at-scale deployment and management, Debug OS as well as software and hardware issues
• Coordinate implementation and execution of configuration management infrastructure
• Deploy solutions at scale focused on availability and uptime
• Triage system alerts incorporate solutions into infrastructure
• Contribute to developing and implementing security policies
• Participate in a standard 24x7 “on-call” rotation
• BS in Computer Science.
• Experience configuring and using Puppet or similar configuration management infrastructure
• 5+ Years working on large scale (100’s to 1000’s of systems) production grade IT projects
• Linux/UNIX, shell scripting, software development and deployment, system architecture, technology integration
• A track record of learning and deploying new technologies
• Experience with Hadoop
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE VERIFICATION
-Start Date: ASAP
-Location: San Ramon, CA (may consider NY location as well)
-Misc: Relo assistance negotiable
-H1B transfers welcome
Visa Requirements: U.S. Citizens / Green Card Holder