"We are currently looking for Tier 2 Network Engineers to work on a federal government contract in Alexandria, VA.
· Extensive Experience with monitoring and managing network switches and routers, e.g., Cisco (6509, 3560, 3750) and Juniper (mx480, Junos) products
· Experience with Fault Management tools like Netcool and/or HP Openview
· Strong understanding of application transport and network infrastructure protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP)
· Working knowledge and experience configuring and troubleshooting following devices, protocols or applications:
- Cisco and Juniper routing and security family of products
- BGP and OSPF
- Syslogs, SNMP, MPLS, etc.
· Experience in a NOC environment.
· Written and oral communications skills.
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
· 5+ years of related experience
• Candidate must have a current Top Secret Clearance and be SCI eligible
· Desired Certification: Security +, Network +, CCNA, JUNOS, JNCIA
· Prior Pentagon, DOD, ITA networking experience a plus. "