View all jobs
Unix / Linux / Windows Systems ManagerAlexandria, VA · Computer/Software
"Unix/Linux/Windows System Manager
- Maintain and administer the UNIX/windows environment used to support multi-tenant customers. Must be familiar with an environment consisting of Linux/Windows on ESX VMWare Hosts.
- Perform vendor patches and updates on Windows and RedHat Linux machines.
- Configure and maintain virtualization using VMWare, Logical Domains and zones.
- Working knowledge of muti-vendor blade architecture like HP, IBM, Cisco etc.
- Able to configure and troubleshoot ILOM/ALOM
- Working knowledge of running and configuring Linux in a VMWare virtualized environment.
- Support cross platform and application performance troubleshooting
- Must be familiar with Jumpstart technology for provisioning servers.
- Configure and troubleshoot ZFS filesystems and snapshots.
- Working knowledge of Cross Domain Solutions and design.
- Understanding of underlying TCP and UDP protocols and how these would apply to an environment using a one way transfer.
- Troubleshoot and configure fibre channel SAN connectivity
- Familiar with security and accreditation process.
- Respond to escalated requests for technical assistance
- Rapidly provide fix actions
- Apply vendor patches to keep products up-to-date and meet security requirements
- Create shell and perl scripts to facilitate automated tasks
- Implement changes required to support O&S methodologies and
- Perform and support integration testing as required
- Develop and maintain O&S operating procedures for network tools
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 8+ years of related experience
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Security Clearance
- Expertise in SCCM/SCOM/MOM
- Experience supporting a global Active Directory (AD) infrastructure with several thousand users in a mixed Windows and UNIX environment
- Microsoft SCCM suite as well as Active Directory (Security Groups, OU’s, Managing Shared Resources), Account Management (Creation, Deletion, Maintenance), and some baseline INTEL applications
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2003, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, DFS-R, File and Print Services, and GPO validation, management, and implementation
- MCSE Certified
- MS exchange server 2003/2007
- Experience with Redhat and Sun Solaris
- SCCM Certification