"VMWare System Engineer
The VMware System Engineer you will be responsible for VMware system design and implementation. The Engineer will be supporting VMware vSphere ESX environment as well as VMware View and Virtual desktops.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- 8 years of extensive experience in Systems and Virtualization design implementation and troubleshooting of mission critical IT systems assignments.
- Expertise in design, implementation and supporting VMware vSphere ESX 4.1/4.0 environment and ThinApp, Lab Manager 4.0.
- Experience with VMware view 4.6/4.5/4.0 design and Virtual desktop deployments
- Extensive hands on experience with design and implementation of enterprise-wide Virtualization Projects with VMware.
- Experience in Installing and configuring IBM Blades, CiscoUCS Blades, Compaq and Dell Servers. Configuring RAID, Disk Mirroring, SAN Volume Expansion, Raid and SCSI Controller Installation
- Hands on experience in updating / upgrading ESX servers, Virtual Center servers and windows virtual machines using VMware Update manager
- Coordination and interaction with dedicated global customers, Account Management and Infrastructure team to meet SLAs.
- Design and Implemented VMware SRM 4.0/4.5 in Proof of Concepts projects
- Extensive knowledge in installing, managing and supporting the Active Directory Environment
- Proactively monitoring customer s network on 24×7 bases and updating them regularly.
- Proficient in designing, installing and configuring small, medium and large sized system infrastructure on different o/s platforms.
- Performed system administration activities, security policies and monitored system performance both at software and hardware levels
- Outsourced managed services include infrastructure and transactional based monitoring and alerting, outsourced security, network management and managed web hosting services.
- Reputation for dedicated teamwork, high-energy, work ethic, and commitment to customer service.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Security Clearance
- VMware Certified Professional on VSphere (VCP 4)
- VMware Certified Professional on VI3.5 (VCP 3)
- VMware Technical Sales Professional (VTSP 4)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist ( Windows Server 2008)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)