Jr. Windows Sys Admin
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides all facets of systems support including systems installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, performance analysis, security, networking, communications and peripherals
- Works with the IT Operations department and business units to provide technical support for Windows systems.
- Performs support activities including Windows system configuration & performance tuning, establishing network & intersystem communications, device configuration & installation, conducting on-going system audits, performance monitoring & analysis, system integration, and operating system functions.
- Overall objective is to achieve & maintain 100% systems uptime and maintain system performance levels within prescribed guidelines.
- Create shell and perl scripts to facilitate automated tasks
- Installs, configures, and maintains Windows communications networks and related system objects, which include all supported standard communication protocols, all related system configuration objects and system values, related security protocols, and associated Windows feature components and cabling.
- Performs other functions and duties as assigned by management.
- 2-5 years of experience as a Windows System Administrator.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience managing and supporting enterprise computing servers in a 24×7 federal government Data Center environment
- Experience troubleshooting, and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2000, 2003, and 2008
- Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Experienced in analyzing configurations from Microsoft OS’s.
- Must have good communication skills including writing and briefing skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Position requires a current Secret security clearance
- Windows Poweshell and or Perl scripting proficiency
- IBM Blade Chasis knowledge