"Our Client is a National IT Services firm based in the WDC/Northern Virginia area that provides Staff Augmentation services for many government organizations. They are currently engaged on a project to upgrade a federal financial services organizations IT Communications Network. Our Client is seeking assistance on an Engineering Technical Lead position.
The position will be responsible to ensure that the objectives of the Application Infrastructure Engineering team are met:
Engineering/Architecture Experience in areas of:
1. Cisco Nexus Architecture Design
- Virtual Routing Forwarding (VRF)
- Network Security Design Methodology
- Access Control & Authentication Server
- Virtual Port Channel Technology
- OSPF Routing & Load Balancing Technology
2. Experience with the following Technologies:
- Cisco Nexus - Switches
- F5, Netscaler - Load Balancers
- Sourcefire - IDS/IPS
- Cisco ACS - Access Control 802.1x
- Opnet - Network Management
- Cisco ASA, Sharepoint - FW
- Bluecoat -
- Cisco 7K - router
3. Experience in designing secure Cloud & Virtualized Environments in multi-tenant environments
4. Understanding of HA and DR concepts as apply to Network & Security Designs
5. Legacy to Current Network & Security Infrastructure migrations
6. As an individual contributor, responsible for designing, sizing & scaling network infrastructure solutions for Application projects
7. Collaborative responsibilities:
- Coordination with Delivery Services for the design, build and production readiness of application solutions and the development of valid business cases.
- Coordination with Technical Services service lines to ensure implementation of best practices for infrastructure governance, architecture, engineering, production support and service Management.
8. Additional responsibilities:
- Ensures consistent delivery of superior technical solutions.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
Skill: Subject Matter Expert
- More than 8-10 years professional experience and managerial experience in information technology.
- Experience in championing change and effectively managing project/program implementation.
- Expert knowledge of technical project management, project implementation, infrastructure engineering.
- Advanced skill in communications and managing teams in a matrix environment.
- Strong infrastructure engineering skills in one or more areas of Servers, Storage, OS, middleware, network, etc.
- Infrastructure architecture experience is preferred
- BS degree in Computer Science, Master degree preferred.