Reviews, analyzes, forecasts, and evaluates business functions, operations, processes, and information to develop or modify databases, data models, application systems, analytical tools, or reports in support of business objectives. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships to gather key information required to understand, plan for, and accomplish business objectives. The Systems Analyst understands and performs technical functions to configure and maintain reliable, accurate, and performance application systems. The Systems Analyst is a bridge between business functions and technical systems development.
- Utilize solution architecture methodology to select/modify the appropriate application system for solving a problem, maintain a catalog of application system solutions to enable re-use of solutions and specify standards, methodologies, and governance in the use of an application system.
- Lead others in area of specialization to ensure standards are followed and quality is achieved. May lead functional teams or projects.
- Interpret internal/external business issues and recommend best practices.
- Assist with budget projections and planning to achieve short- or mid-range objectives.
- Working knowledge of Systems Administrator and/or Developer role for assigned application systems.
- Lead implementation of application system solutions.
- Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems.
- Maintain understanding of future direction of application system technologies/products and participate in the determination of tactical and strategic upgrades necessary to meet business requirements.
- Conduct technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required and compatibility with current systems.
- Recommend improvements to business processes as supported by application systems. Analyze and evaluate current or proposed business procedures or problems to define needs.
- Support multiple, complex, and/or advanced application systems and business processes.
- Office work enviornment with extensive use of a computer.
- May require extensive travel.
- May be required to work non-standard work schedules to include on- call and call-outs.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent experience.
- Six (6) years directly related experience .
- Valid State Driver's License.
Configuration and maintenance of BMC ITSM Remedy Suite including Atrium Discovery & Dependency Mapping (ADDM). ITIL training and certifications are a plus.
Excellent in-depth knowledge of company supported hardware, software and operating systems to include configuration and connectivity.
Ability to develop system solutions for operational problems.
Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
Ability to communicate well; excellent interpersonal skills.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
Ability to plan,implement, test, and troubleshoot system software.
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of systems and/or applications.
- Leadership skills.
- Customer oriented.
- Must have experience with either ServiceNow or Remedy.
- Responsible for system configuration and maintenance.
- Experience with system implementation a plus.
- ITIL certification a plus.