• Assure coding and abstracting of all discharged patient types are completed within specified timeframe.
• Control staffing and productivity requirements to ensure that all coding responsibilities and goals are met.
• Assure that the DSG report is reviewed daily and reconciled.
• Select, train and mentor high quality employees.
• Promote positive working relationships.
• Assist in the evaluation of the coding program.
• Ensure Kronos is updated daily to reflect accurate productivity.
• Assure the coding staff has a 95.5% accuracy rate in assigning ICD-10-CM and CPT codes.
• Assure that the coding staff follows all coding guidelines.
• Assure the coding staff has a 95.5% accuracy rate in assigning DRG codes.
• Recheck charts after physicians complete them to assure the codes match the final diagnoses.
• Resolve all discrepancies with the physicians and coders and re-bill if there is a payment difference.
• Provide regular feedback to each employee on an ongoing basis and during annual evaluation.
• Provide statistics for the monthly HOT report with 95.5% accuracy and within 3 business days of month-end close.
• Track daily attendance, vacation and sick days.
• Review, correct and submit the OSHPD report within the timeframes set by the State of CA.
• Maintain knowledge of all coding computer systems to include 3M and Meditech.
• Maintain advanced knowledge of all coding guidelines, as well as Tenet coding P&Ps as resource to all coders.
• Conduct regular coding audits
• CCS required with RHIT/RHIA preferred.
• Two years’ acute care coding experience preferred.
• Management experience preferred.
Base Salary - DOE
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
2+ to 5 years’ experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - High School Diploma or Equivalent
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No