1. Opportunity to work in a safe and structured environment with an underserved, ambulatory patient population, while utilizing your full gamut of nursing skills.
2. Specialized field that encompasses ambulatory care, health education, urgent, infirmary care, and specialty clinics for patients with chronic conditions
3. Limited family interactions allows our nurses the ability to provide services and health education to patients without outside interference.
4. Use and enhance your clinical skills, while experiencing unparalleled autonomy as part of a multi-disciplinary team, while gaining vast experience in many areas of healthcare not available in traditional settings.
Tell me about this job
A correctional healthcare Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will provide care through a variety of healthcare processes. Those key processes include:
• Intake Physical Assessments
• Sick Call
• Medication Administration
• Emergency Care/Response
• Chronic Care
• Infirmary Care
• Infection Prevention
• Training, Staff and Patient Education
• Segregation Care
• Transfer Care
• Behavioral Health Care
Top "must-have" skills for this job
1. Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing program.
2. Currently licensed as a Practical Nurse in the state of employment.
3. Possess an active CPR certification.