Our mission is to build a market leading technology platform enabling differentiated professional services that support patients’, providers’, payers’, and needs to deliver differentiated & improved patient outcomes. To accomplish this, we are establishing core competencies in cloud based data management; data analytics, mobile platform applications, and software based medical device life-cycle. The team has broad visibility and we are looking for candidates that are passionate about patients & healthcare, focused on our core values of working as one team and treating others with respect, but last but not least being some of the brightest and most talented resources in the industry.
We have recruited top talent in the field of Digital Health to help transform care in Diabetes and beyond in the areas of Drug+ apps. Our team recently has released an FDA approved class II medical device application and we are gearing up for more compelling health applications and patient experiences.
For this team, we are seeking a software developer with experience in evolving our backend services based upon feedback from market and real world usage. The candidate should be experienced in source code management, build management, continuous integration, unit testing, test automation, build & packaging, etc. The candidate should also have experience adopting a modern but existing code base and feel comfortable fixing bugs in code they did not author.
- Develop services and applications using Java with Play Framework and Hibernate;
- Evolve the front end and backend architecture with direction from the Backend Principle Architect;
- Document requirements and tests in compliance with medical device regulations for class 1 and class 2 software, including safety, reliability and security;
- Follow software design guidelines and ensure proper implementation through code reviews on both internally and externally sourced components;
- Support continuous improvement through software development metrics and ensure consistent visibility into those for every project executed;
- Analyze and reduce build failures occurring due to non-product code issues, periodically review the feedback from developers and testers, and deliver ongoing improvements;
- Work with internal and external software developers and testers to ensure software development deliverables are meeting expectations with respect to quality.
- Complying with policies and processes and ensure they are communicated, understood, implemented, and maintained at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrating excellent partnership and collaboration with other functions within the company to support common initiatives on medical devices
- Demonstrating knowledge, skill and ability to model the values and positively
- Communicates the company visions, values, priorities and targets
- BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in software development, specifically with experience in Java/web services (Play, Spring Boot), etc. Should be able to design and build RESTful web services.
- 5+ years of experience with RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle, etc). Should be comfortable working with SQL and exhibit good database design skills.
- 4+ years of experience with scripting languages (e.g. bash, python)
- 4+ years of experience with Build and Release Infrastructure : deployment, configuration, continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins)
- 3+ years of experience in design controls and FDA / ISO 13485 / IEC 62304 compliant software development, including authoring requirements and tests
- Experience with deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting of web applications on public cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS)
- Experience in source code management, unit testing, test automation, etc. 2+ years of experience in Agile software development as well as TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and analytical thinking style, able to comprehend complex problems and good problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, innovative, and proactive. An individual who enjoys both the team environment as well as making an individual impact.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Cloud based deployments of medical software devices.
- Experience in privacy, security, HIPPA
- Experience in object database technologies
- Experience in implementation of big data analytics
- Java 8 features (streams, lambdas, fluent-style programming, etc.)
- Reactive patterns
- Microservices architecture: designing, creating, deploying, testing and monitoring
- Experience with SBT (Scala Build Tool) #LI-GZ #GD-SG #LI-SG
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - $110-140K
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - No
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
7+ to 10 years’ experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never