Client is looking for high-energy and talented researchers, analysts and marketers to drive insights, analytics, and business results for two of the world's best-in-class organizations.
The client team companies will work every day on the business issues that matter most to clients, from attracting new customers and growing in local markets, to driving category performance and store level growth. Those who join the team will have the opportunity to work on information and analysis that, through Nielsen's partnership with Client, will help guide and shape Client's competitive, product, category and banner strategies.
As an associate, you'll benefit from the resources and opportunities of a growing, global company known as the gold standard in its industry. Client is known as the leader in measuring what consumers watch and buy for the last 90 years, recently completed a highly successful IPO and continues its growth both organically and through acquisition, making it a dynamic place and time to grow your career as well.
You'll have the chance to learn from the best of the best and work with the world's leading companies and brands. As part of our Professional Services team, you'll receive outstanding training and development, and high performers will have opportunities to grow and extend their careers with Nielsen locally or globally.
As a Director, you will provide valuable insights and recommendations to either Client to support the client's strategic marketing and sales initiatives. You will ensure client servicing requirements are meeting or exceeding the client's expectations while building a strong client relationship. You will manage a team of analytic professionals on a daily basis.
- Design study by applying appropriate Custom Analytics service to client business issue with an understanding of client budget constraints
- Provide accurate proposals, including cost and timing commitments.
- Manage multiple project workload simultaneously, prioritizing the work of self and others, with timely and accurate client delivery.
- Responsible for client presentations, including findings and recommendations.
- Enhance client value by providing additional context for solutions by sharing BDP's, using norms and other Nielsen resources (One Voice Support), etc.
- Be able to explain methodology behind all key services areas to clients.
- Collaborate with other Nielsen divisions to provide client support and develop solutions.
- Work with the various functions at Client’s to provide analytic content that leverages both Clients’s data
- Understanding of client organizations and the CPG industry. In particular, a strong background in retail analytics is a must.
- Demonstrates ability to integrate relevant information and disparate data sources in developing analysis, insights and recommendations.
- Able to form relationships, build trust and work collaboratively on small and large teams across functions and in a professional and respectful manner.
- Lead client meetings and present results and capabilities to mid or high level client audience.
- Responsible for client and client service communication.
- Anticipates and identifies necessary resources and skills to support projects. Adjusts for problems and roadblocks.
- Identifies opportunities to work with peers to achieve workload sharing.
- Thorough knowledge of the client's categories to support action-based recommendations
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in statistical analysis complemented with evidence of strong data analysis skills including but not limited to trend analysis, statistical significance, summary statistics, etc.
- Develops scientific methods and mathematical models to understand and predict behavior.
- Develop actionable information to inform business decisions and functions.
- Encourages others to develop new solutions that are in sync with the strategic objectives.
- Raises the bar in working efficiently and effectively with our processes to meet and exceed our clients' needs.
- Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives and innovation.
- Clear and persuasive across all communications opportunities.
- Very quick on his/her feet; crafts the right response to challenging questions and tough issues.
*We have two Director positions available and both roles will be based in Bentonville, AR supporting either the one of our client teams.
- 10+ years of experience to include:
- Relevant industry and analytical market research experience with a particular emphasis in retail analytics
- Consulting and client management expertise
- SAS or other statistical program experience required. SQL and/or data mining experience. Teradata CRM a plus.
- Evidence of ability to manipulate large data sets is a strong requirement.
- Retailer database experience is required.
- Managing a team of direct reports
- Strong quantitative skills
- Master’s degree (MA, MBA, etc.) with a major in quantitative field (Statistics, Predictive Analytics, Economics, Mathematics, Sociology, etc.) or quantitative course work required
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Effective oral and written communication skills required
- High attention to detail and organization required
Candidates Must Have:
SAS & SQL - experience with large data sets required
Retailer database analysis experience
Loyalty card data analysis experience (i.e Dunnhumby)
People management and client facing experience
Master’s degree (MA, MBA, etc.) with a major in quantitative field (Statistics, Predictive Analytics, Economics, Mathematics, Sociology, etc.) "