Excellent company looking to add a successful
Controller to their team!
***Hybrid position 2-3 days in the office per week***
- Award-winning, inclusive, Top Workplace culture doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a result of hard work by extraordinary people. Come join us! Our Controllership group is seeking candidates for our OpCo Controller based out of our New York City office.
- This role is a hybrid position and will require 2-3 days in the office.
- Constant Challenge – Work in a fast-paced environment in a company with strong values.
- Visibility – Own the financials and have detailed involvement in the business.
- Opportunity – Lead change through superior financial management.
- Team Culture – Collaborative group of top-notch professionals and stakeholders.
- Be responsible for all activities of the controllership function in the operating company with oversight for general accounting, financial reporting and financial systems.
- Sets clear targets that take account of differing priorities of stakeholders and holds others accountable for the quality of support and overall stakeholder satisfaction.
- Achieves and maintains sufficient awareness of operating company risks, operational issues and challenges to allow for proactive intervention when required and provide detailed updates to senior management.
- Is responsible for achieving closing timetables, overseeing and adherence to regulatory, statutory and tax requirements. Supports the development of regional level accounting policies and procedures, where required, and presents financial statements for the assigned region.
- Coordinates year end statutory, audit and tax financial requirements ensuring the rules and regulations are complied with.
- Supports the resolution of technical accounting matters including research and documentation and liaises closely with accounting operations team.
- Is responsible for the oversight of the control environment, ensuring appropriate design and consistent execution.
- Assists with systems implementations and enhancements with a focus on maintaining the integrity of financial data and processes and controls.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or similar discipline.
- CPA license
- 10-15 years' experience in finance with 5+ years of management responsibilities.
- History of strong stakeholder management in a matrixed environment.
- Multiple years of large public accounting experience
- Strong work history of preforming in large complex working environments.